iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A whole lot of pumpkin pies!

Started by fishpharmer, October 13, 2015, 08:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sawguy21

Wonder what they are going to do with it and how they will cut it up.  :o That would be some jack o' lantern.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WV Sawmiller

My problem with pumpkins is we don't use enough of them. To the rest of the world they are a stable food item used almost like a potato. Mashed pumpkins, pumpkin soup, pumpkin seeds, etc. as well as pies. One reason they are so popular in many poor countries is they store well without refrigeration.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

customsawyer

In reading the write up about it they said some pumpkin seeds can go for as high as $700.00. Sounds like some walnut logs I've heard about.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

rooster 58

I have some great looking tiger striped pumpkins 8)
And in a short time,  I'll have some great looking  SPALTED tiger  striped  pumpkins ;D

Thank You Sponsors!