iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hitachi 150??

Started by lostyooper6, September 16, 2013, 04:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostyooper6

I bought a Hitachi processor earlier this year, I am convinced I have a seal problem around the turret shaft as my track drives come and go and often bleed from one side to the other when I am using the pedals.  It happens randomly sometimes all works just find, other times (most other times) I can only track straight often with no real power.  Anyway, 1st I need help identifying what machine I have, I am pretty sure it is a 150??  Second, point to a supplier for parts please.  I need to get a parts break down so I know just what I am asking for.......  BTW if anyone can school me on adding photo's to my post it would be greatly appreciated.

snowstorm

its the same thing john deere sells. go to the deere dealer. all deere excavators are made by hitachi

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: snowstorm on September 16, 2013, 08:37:05 PM
.......all deere excavators are made by hitachi

I did not know that.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Picture posting? Have you read this?
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,61788.0.html

Take it one step at a time. It's very easy,BUT miss one little thing and................... :( Give it a try. Get stuck,we will throw you a chain and get in the mud and get you unstuck.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

This was mine.  An EX 150 with a Risley Rotosaw Slingshot head.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

lostyooper6

Looks pretty similar, where did you go for parts?

Corley5

I never needed anything for the carrier.  All the hydraulic stuff I was able to source locally from shops.  It was in need of a new drive sprocket before I traded it in and had found them at AIS.  New ones would also show up from time to time on E-bay.  It went down the road before I got around to fix it ;D  What's yours got for a head  ???

lostyooper6

Silver Streak bar style sling shot head.

lostyooper6

Where did you find the serial number on your machine?

Corley5

Serial # plate on mine was on the side of the hydraulic oil tank

trainwreck

This sounds kind of like problem we had in a newer log loader,  before you dive into the drive motors have a good look at the swivel where the hydraulic house from the upper half to the lower unit on this rig.  the seals in there will go get old and let fluid by-pass from one side to the other.

lostyooper6

Do you have any idea how big a job that is, do you have to seperate the the machine?

bushmechanic

No you don't have to seperate the machine. All you have to do to remove the rotary manifold is unhook the hydraulic lines (and be sure to mark them so as to put them back in the right places) unbolt the four bolts that hold it to the carrier and the lock that holds it on top and keeps if from turning. You can then lift it from the machine, and I would make some eye lifting bolts for it as it is a pretty heavy item.   

lostyooper6

Wow!!!, That's great news....Hopefully the parts aren't crazy expensive, I should be able to handle that myself.  8)

Thank You Sponsors!