iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Help

Started by ARKANSAWYER, September 07, 2003, 07:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

I got some new help and as soon as I get them trained the pace will pick up.  Pretty stout and does not sit around much and catches on pretty quick.   The loggers like to hang around a bit longer now and small orders from farmers are picking up.  Must be the cooler weather.
ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

ElectricAl

The best advertising is word of mouth, and when this information gets out, you'll be inundated with tourist.

We use to have tourist problems until we added a $25 min charge for lumber sales and $50 for sawing ;D

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

MemphisLogger

Good looking help Arkansawyer! My kids would love hi t-shirt  :D

Here's mine (my cousin):

I got a really good deal on him. He was givin' his daddy trouble out West, so he packed him up and sent him to me. The boy works for room, board and beer (and a little cash).

The only trouble is that he drinks a LOT of beer  ;D
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Tom

I  had some good help once.
Outworked any boy around.

biziedizie

Tom nice looking helper.......NICE LOOKING LOG 8) Wish I had a log that looked that great 8)

Oh yeah the helper looks good to :) But I still would take the log. ;D

Steve

ARKANSAWYER

She even smells nice when she comes to work and can handle her end of a 7x9 tie.  The only down side is she just works 2 days a week but she is working for lumber.  Seems she wants to build a cord wood house and is working for timbers.   It is coming out as a good deal so far.   Wife likes her and they are buddies now so I have to watch what I say. ::)
  I was wondering how come everyonelses help is sitting on the logs?
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Tom

Sitting on the log is a good way to show off the log, Arkansawyer. :D   Sawmill Model :D

My help went to work for the railroad.  Sure  hated to lose  her. She outworked any two others that  had ever been around the mill and was pleasant to be around too.  That's been around 4 years ago and I've only seen her once since.  

Jeff

Tom that big smile on her would be easy to look at. You should have up the Pea pay and kept her. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Yep, that was a high point in my life.  The closest I've ever come to having a daughter.  I couldn't compete with railroad salaries and I think there might have been a smidgeon of competition felt here at home.  Probably a good thing it all ended on a high note. :)

EZ

My wife, being 4 ft 10, 100 lbs wet, will work circles around any body. My 3 girls are pretty much like her. The oldest girl, which is 4 ft 11, and weighs 220  ::)(she would kick me if she read this) has work with us on the mill a couple times, she can pick up an oak 2x12, 12 long, and walk away with it like it was a pine 2x4. I've never seen a girl with such strength, and dont even no it. All I can say is my son-in-law better keep his sh-- together, or POW, I think she could knock him out with one punch. But she is a sweet girl.
EZ

ElectricAl

We have a girl helping us now. The gals get along great.

They are so fast I have trouble keeping them buried in flitches :D

I grabbed this shot the other day.  On the non formatted photo the flash made the dust in the air look like snow.

Linda is pulling the edge trim and Shannon is marking the board to be end trimmed.

The photo is blurry because I was sawing a 12'er while trying to get the shot. ::)

But you get the point ;)

By the way I am not accepting applications for a back up sawyer, lift truck operator, or even a floor sweeper. ;D

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

CHARLIE

Hmmmmm.....Tom didn't mention how good an off loader I was.......  I'm better looking too.  I just did it backwards. I worked for the railroad and then went to work for Tom. Got my fill of Brand 'X' peas too. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

Naw, Charlie.  I could never forget you. :) You little booger.

Worked you heart out and never complained a bit.  Why, I'll bet you hadn't sweated that much in 10 years.   :)

Charlie waiting for his peas.

RMay

My wife is my part tine off bearer she can work circles around me.
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Bibbyman

Mary has had our two granddaughters helping her for the past year.  Alex is 6 and in first grade but Brooke is still 4 so she's home helping Mary.  It's amazing how much they can do and how much they will do if you give them the opportunity.  They are invaluable as "GoFors".  ;)

Last evening after supper I asked Brooke if she wanted to come out and help Grandpa pull the sticks from a bundle of 1x6x8's that had been air-drying since spring.  I pulled the good boards out for an order and flat stacked the "bargain" boards to put back in the shed.  All I wanted her to do was pull the sticks and put them in the rack behind her.  She'd had a lot of experience at that and had "her way" of doing it.  

After the first couple of layers,  she decided she could push the top layer over as I pull one from the edge.  We did this for a couple of layers then she decided she could handle one end of the board and she did.  We got this 100 or so sorted and flat stacked,  she asked if we were going to do the next stack.

Brooke is small framed but 100% muscle.  The other day Mary had her watch the water hose as it filled the 5-gallon water tank for the Wood-Mizer.  She was just to turn the water off when it got full.  Mary got back to her and she had turned the water off and replaced the hose and climbed up on a platform and retrieved the water tank cap and screwed it into place and was attempting to carry it back to the mill.  I would suspect the 5 gallons of water in the tank weighed more than she but she was trying anyway.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

Bibb,

Sounds like you and Mary have some very special Grandkids.  

On the otherhand,  it takes a special person to take the time and show patience enough to allow a youngster to learn to help.

Too often it's "get out of the way,  you'll get hurt"  or " I'm in a hurry ,  I'll do it"

Then we wonder why so many young people can't or won't do anything to help.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

ARKANSAWYER

Ok I got my help to sit on the log for the photo like everyone's else help.  Then Runt the log dog had to get into the photo.   I have to get a photo of Travis who is filling in when Melissa is not here.
ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

Tom

Makes a good picture, doesn't it?   :)

MemphisLogger

Sitting around on a log with a beer in his hand is an ACTION SHOT when it comes to my helper   :D

As soon as I can catch him ACTUALLY WORKING, I'll be sure to post a pic.  :D :D :D

Seriously though, I'm thinkin' I need to trade him in on one of them fillies y'all got  ;D    

Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

beenthere

I seriously doubt any of them will trade - no matter what you have to trade.
 ;D ;D :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ewtdawg

Hey David perhaps Melissa could be holding a paintball gun. hehe

Tom

Another Yellvillian!  Welcome to the Forestry Forum Ewtdawg.

Fla._Deadheader

I been to Yellville a million times. Lived in Bruno for 13 years. You must know the Arkansawyer  ??? :o :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ARKANSAWYER

Harold,
  I am of Flippin organ and married into the Bruno clan of Rodgers and that is why I am over here.  Don't know why any one would move from Bruno.  Had I married one of them Wood girls I would still be in Flippin and have a nice Ranger Bass Boat.  Youth is Dumb. ::)
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Fla._Deadheader

UUhhhhhhhh  Ar ky, uuhhhhhhhhh u  r tha    1   tha d  sed  IT, uuhhhhh yuuuuuppppppp
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Haytrader

There is a man a talkin that is relatively sure his lovely wife will not read that post.
 ;D
Haytrader

DanG

I'm gonna save that one back in case I need a REALLY big favor from the Arkansawyer some day. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

RMay

If I hear a rumble from the north I will no where its coming from :D ;D
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

ARKANSAWYER

My sweet wife knows I LOVE her and is not worried one bit.   Besides in the long run I think I got the better deal.
  But have you seen them new Rangers!  ???
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!