iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing Oak in DC Metro area

Started by aheitkem, September 12, 2003, 12:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aheitkem

I am in College Park Maryalnd and I have a Willow oak that I have to take down on my property.  I would love to have the tree sawn up for boards.  I have never had this done so what do I need to do and is there any one in the area that can do this.  I have already contacted a company that can get the tree on the ground and ready for the mill but what from there?

Alex

Jeff

we have a member in that area with a norwood sawmill. He works for Nasa. Problem is, hes in Hawaii. :D  Member is weekend sawyer. There may be others that are close. Other members will have some ideas...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

aheitkem

NASA in Greenbelt is very close.. Hopefully he'll be back soon that is exactly the type of guy I am looking for.  Thanks for the quick reply.  I would love to have this stuff stacked or off to the kiln before winter sets is here.

Alex

Sven Christiansen

Alex,

Wood-Mizer has a very complete sawyer database (in all honesty, it's WM owners), feel free to give us a call (1-800-553-0182) and we can try to hook you up with someone in your area.  

We also have a few listings (these are provided by Wood-Mizer owners who submit the information) on our web site: http://www.woodmizer.com/inside/industry.html.  There's a listing for Hiwassee, VA, but I don't know how close that is to you...

Hope some of this helps.

Sven Christiansen
Wood-Mizer

aheitkem

Jeff,

Do you know the name of that member who works at NASA.  I was able to get few name from woodmizer but those guys are pretty busy right now.. (must be a good business around here).  We might be getting some "free logs" around here if Isabel packs a punch.

Alex

Jeff

Alex, I'll send him a note about this thread.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!