iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl Competition

Started by Jeff, July 22, 2002, 07:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Short video from the Mio Expo. Fastest 5 cuts wins. Don't Blink!

Ready... Set... Go!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

J Beyer

Quite impressive. :o  Now only if the manufacturers would sell saws like that at a reasonable price ;D, I would by one for my chainsaw mill :D :D :D
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

Sawyerfortyish

When felling you would have to run from tree to tree to keep up with the saw :o ;D :D

Paul_H

Hey Jeff,
I lost the video viewer that you recomended for watching clips.
Would you mind posting it again? :-/

I had the same trouble in school,always showed up without the essentials(books,pens,notebooks) :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

Paul, this is a .mpg file it can be viewed with windows media player. if your media player wont play it, try to get a free update from Microsoft.com

Paul_H

Thanks Jeff.
The player I have now just shows a still (not Stihl) picture.

Sawyerfortyish

Jeff that mpg is that miles per gallon on them saws ;D :D :D

Jeff

Thats how I remember that file extension.

Frank_Pender

If you get cought using one of those fancy speed saws here in this area you could lose a good chunk of pocket change.  :-[ :'( They are noted for starting fires in some areas, I understand. :'(
Frank Pender

Paul_H

Hey Frank,
Speaking of fires,we have a full industrial closure here now,because of the heat.

In contrast,we'll be rip rapping along the river all weekend because the river is high and muddy.

Gordon

That was a cool clip Jeff.

Now for the super secret question----who are the people picutured running the saws?

Gordon

Jeff

Gordon I tried to convince your friend that wanted to contact them I didn't know and honestly I have no Idea.

There were 50 guys there with saws and I just took a clip of one of the heat races. It wasn't even one of the faster races just one where I got an opening between people to get a shot. :)

I don't know if this contest was limited to stihl, but all the saws pretty much looked a like. Great big black mufflers.

OneWithWood

My MS440 isn't quite that fast but if felt like it yesterday when I was converting some red oak tops to firewood :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Dennis

Well...that clip doesnt look good on my computer...but that is my computer...lol...the big black mufflers would prolly be expansion chambers...and the sawyers could be anyone...As some of you know, I host a log show in July in Clearwater, BC, Canada.  We have, not only some of the fastest saws in the world, but THE fastest chainsaw in the world.  The Predator is a V8 hotsaw, owned by one Robert Andrews.  He also brings a Rotax..325cc chainsaw...this year I am hoping for the Harley Hotsaws and the "American Maid" V6 with nitrous injection...

Here is a pic of the Pred....ok maybe not...the pic is too big...I am still new to the pic thing...if anyone wants to see the pic and can resize it...email me.
Just Log It.

Jeff

Here is Dennis's picture of the Predator.
Oh My God. Thier definitly goona pull sumpthun.

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Dennis.

Dennis

Thanks Jeff....that is my favorite saw now....hahaha
Just Log It.

Dennis

I should add that, that particular cut was slow at 1.34 seconds in 27" of cottonwood. :D
Just Log It.

Oregon_Rob

I watched him pull a 1.12 seconds on a 24+" fir log in Oregon last year. It just explodes through the log.
Chainsaw Nerd

Thank You Sponsors!