iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tk 1600 energy chain

Started by Flatrockmx, May 07, 2015, 08:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flatrockmx

I just got a tk 1600 mill with 26 hours on it and my second day of running the energy chain came apart in several places does anyone know a quick fix for this?

ozarkgem

with just 26 hrs on it I would be on the phone to TK.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Flatrockmx

I was going to give them a call tomorrow to see if there was something I could have done to cause it. Mainly I'm just hunting a way to fix it so I can do some sawing while I've got a few days off work. I was thinking about drilling the links that came apart and putting a smooth headed bolt like a small carriage bolt with a big washer on each side to hold it together

Kcwoodbutcher

It's a common problem. Mine's 14 years old and held together with bailing twine and zip ties. I run another newer one up the road from me and noticed that it always came apart where the hoses contacted the chain as it went around the bend. Everything seems a little tight. I think one more link in the chain would solve the problem. If the hoses stay put with the missing parts just keep sawing until it becomes a problem. Be sure and find/save all the pieces because they are expensive to replace.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

1938farmall

same saw, same problem.  duct tape is your friend.
aka oldnorskie

tom h

I replaced the e-chain on my woodmizer from this company Igus  E-chain.

pine

I know that TK states very explicitly in their owners video to not run the mill if the chain comes apart. 

They state that it is simple to put back together but fail to state how. 

Mine has never (yet) come apart so I have yet not had to figure it out.  I would call them. 
Jason or Jimmy are good folks to talk with and they can help you.

Will_Johnson

For sure give us a call!

We did have an issue for a few month in 2013-2014 because our suppliers (Igus) actually were supplying the chain with one link too many.

So an additional link is not necessarily a fix to this concern -- in fact potentially just the opposite.

Flatrockmx

Thanks for all the help! The duct tape and building a stand between the fender and factory valley had a great weekend of sawing. A++++ on the timberking!!

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Flatrockmx.

Will will  :) take care of you for sure. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!