iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3010 Mule, front diff locking up, HELP?

Started by Old Greenhorn, September 09, 2019, 08:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

Just so it doesn't sound Like I am all doom and gloom and broken gear, today was better. I picked up a solenoid today and when I got home found that one of my son's men had mowed my front lawn because he heard my mower was broke. :) I put the solenoid in and everything worked fine. I ran around the back yard to break up all the clumps from Sunday's heavy mowing. It worked good and I put it back in the shed. 
 Then I got a few minutes in on getting things cleaned and ready for re-assembly. That winch was a pain to get out because the nuts inside kept slipping, so I cleaned the side plates and put bolts in to hold the nuts in place. My buddy down the road has a MIG and he just picked them up to tack the nuts on so I never have that problem again. I should get them back in a few days. The winch gets annual service and a new line, so I am looking forward to this going easier in the future. tomorrow I will get the rest of the winch ready with a new line wound on it. After that, just some cleaning and maybe some paint here and there to cover the rust spots. I have to wait until parts show up, and nothing is due until Friday at the earliest. The differential is due on Monday, but I have no tracking number. If I know my luck I won't have what I need until next Thursday. ;D I am just hoping it all shows up, fits, and actually works. I suck at waiting and am looking for things to fill the time. I guess more cleaning, greasing, and painting.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Crusarius

You need something to pass time I have a big pile of logs needing milling :)

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Crusarius on September 18, 2019, 07:56:07 AM
You need something to pass time I have a big pile of logs needing milling :)
Thanks, I appreciate the offer. Truth is, if I could get down to the mill for work, I would be doing my own logs (see another thread), but with the mule down, that becomes very problematic.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Crusarius

I have a UTV :) 

I usually use the kubota though.

Old Greenhorn

Its nice to have options, right now, mine are short.

Old Greenhorn

FFoTS Pm'd me a Mule question tonight and I just realized I never closed this thread out properly. I probably did it on another thread. I got the second differential eventually. It took me a solid day of worked to get everything back together and it works well. The new tires, even though they are the same label size, are in fact over 2 inches bigger and I get a tiny bit of rubbing on the fronts when I steer or hit a bump. It's not bad, just happens sometimes.
 All in all doing good. I only use 4WD when I need it now. :D

firefighter ontheside

I've just been reading this thread.  Some good info.  I'm watching the cardinals whoop up on the braves.  When I get off work tomorrow morning I'll go pick up my mule.  I can't help but think of the movie "Romancing the stone" and the guy with his "little mule....Pepe".  I may have to name mine Pepe'.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

Thank You Sponsors!