iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sad day for Canada

Started by dgdrls, October 23, 2014, 06:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ottawa-shooting-live-updates-1.2808737

Thoughts and prayers go out to the Reservist and his family who was killed.
What an absolute tragic event. 

DGDrls

drobertson

Very sad, not sure why there are so many crazies any more.  All these shootings are horrible.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

OntarioAl

Folks
The tragedy is that the authorities were aware of the "perp"  he was denied a past port to keep him from going to Syria. They also were aware of the "perp" in an attack two days earlier who was also denied a pass port.
Unfortunately this is a democratic country and we cannot just round up the "usual suspects".
Fortunately the Sargent at Arms was packing heat and blew the "perp" away but not before  a soldier standing guard  at the National War memorial was murdered in cold blood.
Al
Al Raman

sawguy21

It is a real kick in the gut. Possibly we will learn whether it and the deliberate hit and run in Montreal, one soldier died, were isolated attacks by crazies or part of a larger campaign of terrorism. I was surprised to learn the sergeant at arms is actually armed and very happy he was, it could have been a lot worse. It is a ceremonial position carried over from medieval days when he was needed to keep rowdies out and order within.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

dgdrls

Quote from: sawguy21 on October 23, 2014, 09:51:06 AM
It is a real kick in the gut. Possibly we will learn whether it and the deliberate hit and run in Montreal, one soldier died, were isolated attacks by crazies or part of a larger campaign of terrorism. I was surprised to learn the sergeant at arms is actually armed and very happy he was, it could have been a lot worse. It is a ceremonial position carried over from medieval days when he was needed to keep rowdies out and order within.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/23/condolences-nathan-cirillo-canadian-guard-ottawa

Parliament and the Canadian People should be very glad the Ceremonial Sergeant At Arms took the job very seriously.
I wonder if its reported that way but in reality the Sergeant is instructed "behind the scenes"?

DGDrls

"

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

I watched a clip yesterday where your Parliament gave the SAA a standing ovation. Pure class!!

Sadly had that happened here in the U.S. they'd have hung him first in the media then congress then called for his arrest.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sawguy21

Now reported the shooter was a crack addict and had been kicked out of a mosque in B.C. No evidence yet of ties to Islamic extremists but I am sure more information will come out.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

r.man

I would prefer if they reported these things as being carried out by idiots and crazy people because I think that is the case. Anyone who can be talked into being a suicide bomber, or shooter is not right in the head and it is a social problem, not a religious one.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

DonT

It was nice to see the out pouring of support today on the Highway of Heroes. Canadians paying tribute to a fallen hero on his last journey home. A journey of over 400km with Canadian flags and people  lining the road and on every overpass.RIP

Phil_Oz

Quote from: Raider Bill on October 24, 2014, 08:58:35 AM
I watched a clip yesterday where your Parliament gave the SAA a standing ovation. Pure class!!

I have been reading a lot of the older posts on this board. Yes this is an old thread, but I too wish to recognise the courage and patriotism of the Sergeant at Arms for the cCnadian Parliament at the time - Kevin Vickers.
Canadian Sergeant-at-Arms Honored With a Heroic Applause - YouTube
Stihl MS291, Stihl MS170, Husqvarna Rancher 50 (~86 model).

Thank You Sponsors!