iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Avatar Gets A Bath

Started by WDH, May 26, 2007, 09:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Miss Scarlet was so dirty................Time for a bath with flea soap.  The Vet gave me a pill to give her that would rid her of all fleas in 30 minutes, but it lasts only for 24 hours.  After I gave her the pill, 30 minutes later I could wash her.

She does not like a bath at all.  Prefers laying in sawdust and following me in the woods.

Had to wash her in the back of the truck because that is the only way to keep her contained until the deed is done.  Her favorite part was riding in the truck (she loves to ride in the truck) down the highway so she could dry off. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dan_Shade

my mutt looks completely humiliated when I give him a bath.  he just sits and looks at you, really sadly:

dog bath time isn't much fun around here either :D
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Kcwoodbutcher

While Otis doesn't get many baths, he does get hosed off every once in awhile. He loves water and swimming in the pond. The big problem is when he gives me a bath -like everytime he shakes his head.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

WDH

KC, Otis is a beautiful dog 8).  Miss Scarlet got a bath because with the drought, the fleas are terrible. 

They would make a handsome pair :D.

Dan, I could not imagine putting Miss Scarlet in a bathtub ;).  If I brought her into the hose, my Boss would have a hissy fit, much less put her in the Boss's bathroom :o.  Your pooch does not look like a mutt to me ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dan_Shade

he was howling at a squirrel through the window screen today while I was in the shower.  I hope that doesn't become one of his hobbies in addition to sleeping, eating, and howling at squirrels while outside.

He's definately my buddy.

Have you seen any of the hounds that some breeders are getting when breeding a coonhound back to a bloodhound?  they call them majestiks, but the offspring are larger boned than the newer coonhounds, but the litter may have several "types" of coonhounds (blueticks/black and tans/ walkers/redbone).  kinda neat, but i call them mutts too :)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

metalspinner

I watched my BIL's dog (Sam) while he spent a year in Iraq.  Bathtime is on the driveway for my dogs.  Well, my mutt's get their baths - pretty uneventful.  Then it's Sam's turn.  After bathing her - I had to hold her by the collar quite firmly - she runs straight to the newly Roto tilled garden and proceeds to take a dirt bath. >:(  I mean she was down in it rubbing her ears and pulling her belly across it as if to tell me, "Up yours!"   I was about ready to take her to the pound!  Wifey came out and started laughing it up real good until  I reminded her that it was her turn to give the dogs a bath. ;D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

tcsmpsi

Who's your canine handler, Danny? 
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Kansas

Got my son a purebred english setter after he passed his hunters safety course. Every time he gave her a bath, she headed straight to the freshest cowpies she could find. Guess she thought she was putting perfume on.

TexasTimbers

'Ol Red gives her nose a bath all on her own . . . . . .

But she ain't fond of her hairs bein shampooed.

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

thecfarm

This one here gets a bath every so often.This is Boo-Boo with his summer coat on.Much easier at bath time.

This is Boo-Boo with his winter coat,it's kinda of a bother,but it keeps him warm.

But he still hates a bath.We're been giving him baths for 5 years and he still hates it.He can tell when it's time somehow.He will not come to me.I have to go pick him up and carry him to the tub.He lays down and asks like I'm just about to kill him.
When i have him trimmed it's next to impossible to get it just at the right time.It will get warm at high noon but boy does he hates the mornings when it's down below freezing.I let him out and in minutes he's at the front door barking to be let back in.He has that "What happened" look in his eyes,this hasn't bothered me all winter.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Tcsmpsi,

That is my youngest daughter.  She is the only one of the three that enjoyed the bath ;D.

beenthere

Ohh--I get it now. Miss Scarlet is the dog that's gettin the bath in the truck.... ::) ::)

;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

tcsmpsi

Quote from: WDH on May 27, 2007, 09:40:03 PM
Tcsmpsi,

That is my youngest daughter.  She is the only one of the three that enjoyed the bath ;D.

That's what it was all looking like.   ;)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

asy

We took Oliver for a bath today, at our pet store they have a Hydrobath, which is $2 to use, and he comes out smelling lovely, and best of all, it means I don't have wet dog running around the house! Also they give him treats afterward.

We are on serious water restrictions here in Brisbane, and aren't allowed to use hoses outside, so he'd have to be bathed inside.

Miss Scarlett looks cute, and I think maybe next time I need to talk Andrew into washing him in the back of the ute. Goodness knows the ute needs the bath...   :-\

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Tom

Will your water restrictions go as far as the farm?  And, is there a problem with a small pump and hose to use water from the lake?  It seems that it  could be made to run back when you finished with it.

asy

Hiya Tom,

The water restrictions are only in Brisbane. Most of the capital cities in Australia have restrictions, but Brisbane's are the most stringent. We're on "level 5". The dam water levels in our region are under 19%.

Our water restrictions can be viewed HERE.

I did learn something, you CAN use a hose to wash a pet. I'm not sure I'd want to, I'd be worried my idiot-next-door-neighbour would 'dob me in' for watering plants or such. I installed gates down the side of my house the day before we got Oliver, and I was panicking about using the hose to make up the concrete, it's that bad...

The garden is a dust bowl. The grass is all but dead. It's hard as concrete out there.

Wish I was at the farm.

There are no water restrictions down there, we're not on town water. We can pump from the lagoon if we need it, but the council don't want us drinking the lagoon water (mind you it's cleaner than rain water collected off the roof...). Considering we have some 250 million litres of water in the lagoon, and it's spring fed, so constantly refilling, I don't think we'll have any time limits on showers! hehe

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Radar67

Danny, couldn't find your post about Miss Scarlett's injury...how is her recuperation coming?
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

WDH

Stew,

She is back to about 85-90%.  Her left rear knee had a torn ACL, like the athletes get. 

She followed the tractor today very nicely, but I was driving very slow so that she did not have to run to keep up.

Here is a pic of here a few months ago helping me in the shop.  You can see the incision on her left rear knee.

All in all, the surgery was a success.  She is old for a Bloodhound, so she needs to take things a little slower.

Thank You Sponsors!