iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bath Time

Started by smwwoody, October 05, 2013, 08:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

Gave the old girl a bath today.  Changed the oil and all filters.  also fixed a small leak on the torque converter while the belly pans were down.  now she is ready for another month or two of battle.

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

thecfarm

I would like to see the old girl in the battle field with the enemy behind her.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

thecfarm

Looks like the old girl is winning the battle.  :D  Thank you
Got any time to post a picture on this thread?
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.2260.html
I like to go to this thread and see the members equipment or just logging equipment that is out there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

treeslayer2003

smwwoody

She does well for a 16 year old machine.  Just put a fresh heart in her in the spring.  I keep fighting the urge to buy a new one.  not sure what to do.  a new skidder would be nice but the payments not so nice.  Down time costs can be high but so can the payments

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treeslayer2003

ha, eyes and little pics. how's yer markets down there? grade and export have been really good all year here.

smwwoody

I have been cutting pine all summer so i havent kept a close eye on the hardwood markets but from the looks of the price lists i have been getting they a doing real good and still getting better
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Autocar

Buying a new skidder will turn your hair gray we went to the Paul Bunyan Show on friday and a 540 grapple skidder was over two hundred thousand then they told us the next year is the last year there going to make them. My two cents I would rather have a mid size tractor then one thats so big your setting in the clouds when your in the cab. I would like to see Tree Farmer come back they had plenty of choises to choose from.
Bill

smwwoody

yea i have owned a few new ones and I hated the payments
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

loggah

The old Franklins are pretty bulletproof, i really liked the 660 i had ,never broke anything major on it in the 10 years or so i ran it. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Thank You Sponsors!