iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

something wrong with this?

Started by 1270d, May 24, 2013, 09:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1270d

wetdog

After 50 years of trying, they finally figured it out?

timberlinetree

After 50 years they learned greed!
Was a good saw but been having lots problems last few years! We switched to another brand..
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

1270d

bill m

OK - I give up. What am I missing?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

thecfarm

Is that a 550? Looks small.but nothing to compare it to either.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

1270d

The chain.  This saw must be specially made for undercutting.

beenthere

You must see something in that pic that we cannot.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

chevytaHOE5674

Looks like the chain is on backwards.

Chuck White

I don't see anything wrong with the pic!

Any chainsaw I've ever been around the teeth on top of the bar cut going away from the saw and the ones on the bottom of the bar cut going towards the saw!

???
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

barbender

It looks like the chain might be on backwards, but I can't tell for sure ???
Too many irons in the fire

sawguy21

Appears that way to me too but can't zoom in.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

dsgsr

yup, it's on backward. If they spend as much attention too building them as advertising them, Their in trouble.

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

beenthere

I think what is being seen as "on backwards" is the angle of the picture and the reflection on the teeth.

Here is an ad and can see what appears to be the same pic showing the chain correct on the saw.
(at the link, click on the pic of the saw for an enlargement for a closer zoom look)

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/professional-chainsaws/550-xp/

And a blowup of just the chain, where the reflections and angles may (or may not) look different.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawguy21

Somebody  in their advertising department reads the Forum. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

1270d

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=137080

A little closer view

On another note,  when I try to copy the URL of the pic into my post, I cant get it to copy or use the insert pic in post button.  Have to open a new window to copy.  Using android mobile.

barbender

That's as backwards as it gets.

JohnM

Someone in the ad dept (that knows nothing about chainsaws, nor does he/she care ;D) just flipped the image to fit the ad.  That'd be my guess at least.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

giant splinter

The picture quality is very poor, the image was modified and it looks like the chain is oriented in a reversed mode in a few of the images. It seems to me that the person or persons who developed the image had no idea of the importance of detail to those of us that use this equipment.
roll with it

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

1270d

Sorry about the photo quality.  I was taking a pic with my phone with one hand of a .magazine held in the other.  I did try to notify husky though, just in case they wanted to send .e a prize ;)

barbender

Flipping the image will not change the direction of the chain in relation to the body of the saw. I don't care if you flip the picture upside down, that chain is still on backwards.

timberlinetree

We used to put Bruce's aka bb(it was always fun calling a 6'3 guy big baby)chain on like that during brake time.always make me laugh when he would go back to work!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

1270d

We used to turn customer's chain loops inside out sometimes.   Usually good for a laugh or two.

Mountain State Farm

My brother has one just like it, except chain on right way, and I have put several hours on it.
A little high priced but one heck of a saw!!    ;D
That sawdust bug bit me in the ...

Thank You Sponsors!