iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making Maple Syrup

Started by Ford_man, February 18, 2012, 05:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_man

Any body Making Syrup if so how has the season been going? splitwood_smiley

Woodboogah

Yup, Southern NH.  Been tapped since 2-1-12.  It was very early, to early.  But with the weather we were having  I did not want to miss the first big run.  As of now it's been a marginal flow should be picking up soon. 
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

rockwall

Just started laying out tubing yesterday here in central Maine.

thecfarm

I just read about that in today's paper. May not be no syrup for Maple Sunday,if the season in this early.This is on March 25th. This is when Maple syrup producers open up thier doors for the public to see how it's done. We went one year. it was a good time. We went to 4-5 differant places.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Axe Handle Hound

Sap is running here in SE Wisconsin.  It's about 2 weeks early this year.  I normally don't tap until the first weekend of March, but I'm all in right now and the bags are filling up nicely. 

Al_Smith

With the unusual weather being below freezing at night and warming to above 40 in day time  they've been collecting sap for about two weeks in this area .

A guy at work is getting a tad over 40 gallons a day which would equate to around a gallon of boiled off syrup .It's just a hobby thing for him .

bull

Sap is running full tilt around here for the past three weeks.... friends are boiling to beat the band !!
starting to see some red in the buds on swamp maples. season wont last long if wee get more than 3 days in a row at 50 degrees !!

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

It is hard for me to wrap my head around how over 9K barrels of syrup could be siphoned.  That was a big operation.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

They snuck into some of our strategic reserves. Usually an inside man involved. :o ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!