iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hot Rod 75cc Chainsaw Closeout!

Started by KC, December 09, 2008, 01:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KC

At this price we don't expect this high quality European chainsaw to last but a few days. Don't miss your chance to get your hands on one!  Also featured is the latest Tree Climbing instructional DVD by Jerry Beranek, "The Working Climber".  This video has more insights for the buck than any video of its kind.  Filmed in the Pacific Northwest Jerry blends instruction and insight on the latest techniques and devices in these amazing forests, along with an old school free climb of a 14' diameter Giant Sequoia.   
http://www.baileysonline.com/newsletter/2008/12/

Ed

That there is a DanG good deal on that saw!

Ed

Rocky_J

I couldn't stand it any more, I had to order one.  8)
It will probably stay in the box for a while since I already have three other modified 372s, but it will be ready to go when the new fleet of stratocharged, catalytic converter saws all fall flat on their faces. Hopefully I'll be set until the fuel injected saws set new power-to-weight standards 10 years from now.

Cut4fun

Rocky let me know how it runs compared to a stock one. I have read on them at the fire sites and there seems to be a little something done to the 74.66cc motors.

Also dont forget about the Solo 681 for high $600's. I seen in the sale catalog.

Rocky_J

c4f, I've heard (although I'm not certain) that the Bailey's 75cc Big Bore jugs are rather wimpy in stock form but respond well to a little porting work. I've also heard that the Univent models have had some porting work done. I'll know for sure once I get to run it a bit. Although I'm not sure if I want to run it to try it out or just pack it away and save it until one of my current three dies. I'll probably end up running a couple tanks of fuel through it just to try it out, then drain it and pack it away for safe keeping.
8)

SawTroll

Quote from: Rocky_J on December 11, 2008, 06:35:38 PM
I couldn't stand it any more, I had to order one.  8)
It will probably stay in the box for a while since I already have three other modified 372s, but it will be ready to go when the new fleet of stratocharged, catalytic converter saws all fall flat on their faces. Hopefully I'll be set until the fuel injected saws set new power-to-weight standards 10 years from now.

I have some feith in that statement..... :) 8)
Information collector.

Rocky_J

Got it today. It looks totally stock, no porting work done on it at all. They also forgot the half wrap handle but they are mailing it separately after I called and asked about it.

I have pictures but I can't/won't shrink them down to postage stamp size so they can be uploaded here. They are posted over at the treehouse if anyone wants to see.

KC, exactly what were you implying when you called it a 'hot rod' chainsaw? I own about a dozen chainsaws and 9 of them can legitimately be called 'hot rods'. What makes the Univent a hot rod?

zackman1801

mabey some helpful reading for you:
http://www.unifireusa.com/ventSaw.php#features
it seems that they are just renaming many of the features that husky already has, they call the air injection "ram jet", and they are calling the Xtorq "ET technology" its just a husky 372 with some renamed features that husky already had. Im pretty sure that they tacked on the Hot rod part to sell them, like a seller on ebay putting rare in the title. what some people will believe, i would buy the saw if i had money ive wanted a husky 372 for the longest time.
"Improvise, Adapt, OVERCOME!"
Husky 365sp 20" bar

Thank You Sponsors!