iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging jobs in Australia

Started by cuttsey, June 22, 2008, 05:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuttsey

Hi there, does anyone know the best way to go about finding forestry jobs in Australia ie, Harvester Operator (waratah) positions or Log Loader?  Would really appreciate any feedback.
Cuttsey

Gustavo

in this web you have  an map .
its mark  every  forest member all around the world

you can ask for information   to  australian members .. im sure   they will help you

gustavo   south america
thanks to the forum for share very value informations.
here i have got good information  and  over all   good friends

Sprucegum

I can't help you a bit  :-\  from where I sit,

Just wanted to say Welcome to the forum and good luck with your job search.

cuttsey

Cheers you guys
what sort of gear you running over there, here at home we are using Hitachi bases for our loaders ( excavator ) and harvesters ,John deere skidders and forwarders, Caterpillar tractors and Scania stem trucks we're pretty hard out over here at the moment so the jobs going good but my wife wants to go to Aussie and chase the bigger money.
Cuttsey

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum,cuttsey.
This thread will help you out some on what we use over here for equipment.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html

This is a thread on timber harvest methods and equipment.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dom

cuttsey,

Would you have any experience with Logmax heads by chance? I know 2x 12000 heads went to NZ, just wondering out of curiosity if you would have seen them operate. :)

cuttsey

thanx for the thread thecfarm bloody interesting mate , I had seen most of those machines except for Barko you'd get through a hellava lot of timber in a day with one of them. Country over heres a bet steep and wet for any rubber tyred felling machines although we have been mighty impressed with the 2 John Deere 1710 forwarders my boss recently bought bloody amazing mate. anyway thanks again bro.
Dom I haven't worked with LOGMAX sorry mate but I have used a SATCO which is similar. There's a guy down country who name is Aaron Finnegan runs a Logmax on a 30 tonne base excavator he raves about the head , thing is he runs on flat ground and the stem size is 3 to 6 to tonne small branches and beautiful form top to bottom, the logmax runs a bit slower but he makes up for that by keeping his knives razor sharp all the time. Thing I didnt like about them is that the drive rollers swung in onto the side of the stem leaving just the Knives to hold onto the tree, where I'm from the timber doesnt have the good form so the knives would cause alot more damage to the stem, sorry I couldn't be more help mate but it was good to hear from you guys cheers Cuttsey.
Cuttsey

Dom

Its always nice to hear of different perspective of machines in the woods. :) The only reason I asked the LOGMAX 12000 is I worked for a company (Rocan Forestry that has since gone bankrupt) and we were subcontracted to manufacture the 12000 head. I worked on the scheduling for manufacturing of the 12000 components and frame. Its a small world we live in nowadays.  :)

Best of luck with your job hunt in Australia! Did you try contacting the local dealers?

amberwood

cuttsey, a little out of my area but the local word is that there going to be a huge demand for experienced operators over the western districts, Mt Gambier etc in the next year or so as BlueGum(globulus) plantations start to come on line for first harvest.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Thank You Sponsors!