iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bad start to the day

Started by Woodboogah, August 06, 2014, 05:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

Chopped all day yesterday in preparation to get a ton of wood out today on top of what I had out for the week already.  Second hitch I blew my splined shaft and year yoke to the transfer case.  All the spines twisted and cracked the shaft in two pieces.  The rear yoke where the Ujoint straps are held in a big chunk came off with the strap.  Never a dull moment, that's for sure!
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

beulahland

John Deere 5205, Nokka 3970 forwarding trailer, stihl 261m

Ecc 2-24. There is nothing better for a man then he should eat and drink & find enjoyment in his toil.

BargeMonkey

Sometimes no matter how hard you try, your still beating your head against the wall. Does Nash have the parts you need ? Swentons in Lake george have alot of jack parts, might be worth calling them.

Woodboogah

I don't  really do much business with Nash.  Should be back at it the beginning of the week.  Had some climbing jobs to keep me busy.

Woodboogah

I have a question about these parts for the wealth of knowledge on this forum.  I have been searching online because I have found some, what I thought to be part numbers, while searching I found most of these parts look identical to the parts I am looking for.  They are the slip shaft and yoke coming off the back of the transfer case. Last time I had to buy this yoke it was right around 350.  The ones I am looking at are the same name, spline count, and like I said look identical but I cant find actual dimensions.  I am wondering if this is something I can get a Napa or the like or am I forced to go to adn get them at equipment dealer?  Again it is the upper slip shaft (both pieces) and the yoke facing the front of the machine off of the transfer case.  Just trying to save myself some cash!!

snowstorm

do you have a traction truck parts store near by? up here it used to be called brake service

Corley5

I get driveline parts for my C4 TF from heavy truck parts stores.  I use Valley or Wellers locally.  Car quest can get them but they source them through the places I just mentioned.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

jwilly3879

Sent you a PM with contact info for Swinton's

loggah

You could also call Harolds logging supply in Hamden Maine ,they would knowwhat you need and probably have it in stock.

Contact Information
605 Main Rd N Hampden, ME 04444‎
(207) 942-8331
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Woodboogah

Thanks for the contact info.  I ended up at PB&H and got the yoke i needed but they had to order it.  I got the slip shaft made up at Gilbert driveline down in Manchester.  Had that in my hands the same day.  Good people over there.

Thank You Sponsors!