iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Band Blades & Wood-Mizer Resharp

Started by DR Buck, January 04, 2005, 04:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

I have about 2 dozen band blades that need to be resharpened.  Some are Wood-Mizer and some are Monkey Savers  ;D (Monksfor-Sager).  In the past I was able to easily separate them so I could send the WM bands to the re-sharp program.and the Monkey Savers to a fella in PA for sharpening.  Problem I have now is trying to find the "Wood-Mizer" mark on some of the the bands.  Both brands are all 1.25", 7/8  pitch bands.

Question is: What will WM do if I send them a band that is not theirs? ???   I sure don't want a perfectly good band to be tossed out and I would rather not have to pay shipping for a band that comes back not sharpened because it's not one of  theirs.

I could just send all the bands to the fella in PA, but I like the benefit of the WM resharp program.  I send in 10, I get 10 back.  :)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Bibbyman

Best to call your WM resharp service and check.  They have resharpened other brand blades.   But the first test is that the blade be the same configuration as a WM blade – i.e. tooth pitch, gullet shape, etc.  I think also they'll ask you to signup for their blade replacement service.  Thus,  you convert over to WM blades as the other brand blades wear out.

That's the way I understand it anyways. 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jason_WI

Speaking of the blade replacement service that Woodmizer has with their re-sharp service. I am signed up for it but never seem to get the replacements when blades are rejected. I am currently short about 6 blades out of the 30 I used to have. When I called re-sharpe about this they said they were out of them and to contact the main HQ. When I called Indy they said I have to buy a full box???? I use a non-woodmizer blade length on my Norwood which is 144" or 12'. I guess that my measly 30 blades doesn't mean much for re-sharp, probably a pain since they are a non standard length since they probably have to re-configure there machines to sharpen and set them.........

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

sparks

Jason, have you got you blade shortaage issue taken care of? If not give me a call at Wood-Mizer. I get you taken care of.    Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

ettek

Actually, can anyone give me an idea of the cost of the re-sharp program.  I have my own "woodmizer" shapener and toothsetter but the kids are going off to college soon and I won't have anyone to do it for me.
  Yeah the sharpening is easy, but I HATE sitting there and resetting all those blades!

pigman

ettek,  My last order cost $6.50 per blade to sharpen and set and $8.45 to ship box of 10 both ways. The sharpening will be the same for you but the shipping will vary according to how far from sharpening center.
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!