iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snowmobiling

Started by Bill Gaiche, February 21, 2013, 10:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

Snowmobiling with my best friend at Grand Lake, Co. Started from On The Trails Rental. This is a great place to visit. bg

Magicman

Good for you Bill.  That has to be on my "bucket list".   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

Yip, hope you get the chance. Did the storm get you yesterday? I was watching the weather channel when you were in the eye of the storm. bg

coxy

great sled   ski doo all the way

SwampDonkey

Never thought there was snow in the south. Have a great time. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bill Gaiche

This is north central colorado. bg

sprucebunny

That's a cool town. Wooden sidewalks  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

celliott

Never been to Colorado riding. I'll stick with my Northeast Kingdom here in Vermont though.

Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

chevytaHOE5674

Been doing a lot of riding both for work and for pleasure UP here. Decided after this year I need to upgrade sleds to something with an even longer track as a 144" just isn't cutting it in the deep stuff anymore.

celliott

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on February 25, 2013, 10:04:43 AM
Been doing a lot of riding both for work and for pleasure UP here. Decided after this year I need to upgrade sleds to something with an even longer track as a 144" just isn't cutting it in the deep stuff anymore.

Are you riding a mountain sled now?
Maybe a utility sled with a wide track would work out for you. I believe the new skidoo skandics have a 24" wide track, 156" long. Wouldn't want to get that stuck!
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
265rx clearing saw

chevytaHOE5674

Yeah I'm riding a mountain sled. Have thought about a work sled but they aren't any fun when you are out riding for pleasure. When in the deep snow and steep hills you want tons of power and light weight so you can toss it around and carve between the trees easily. Thinking something in the 800-1000cc range with at least a 151" track with a 2.5" lug.

celliott

That's a dedicated mountain sled alright. Rare to see anything like that here. My SRX is just a 121", 1.25" lug, but it sure is fast  8)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
265rx clearing saw

Thank You Sponsors!