iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In one night outdoors by themselves

Started by sprucebunny, August 25, 2015, 04:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

these two got pretty much eaten.  ::)
I knew (part way home)  they had escaped but I really didn't think they were in danger for one night...  :D :D :D :D

Did I ever mention that I'm done with rodents !! No more nice guy !!!

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

sawguy21

War has been declared  :D I guess the bank won't accept those?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WV Sawmiller

SG21,

I bet the bank will take them. There is plenty there to determine what they were.

I'd be declaring war on them big time too. Interesting traps from Jeff on his chipmunks might work well for you depending on the location and such.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sprucebunny

All of both serial numbers has to be there. The one is toast and the bank has sent out the 20 to see if it will be accepted.

I have no idea what animal I am dealing with. Woodchuck ? Vole ? Rat ? Porkypine ? Is it the same one that's eating my green bean plants ???

Twelve sticky traps might tell me more ...  :D

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Hilltop366

I ran a $20 over with a lawnmower a few years ago, brought it to the bank and dumped the 15 or so pieces on the counter, the tellers had a good laugh but gave me a new one. The best part was I found the $20.

WDH

I bet that they were after the salt from being handled by many many human hands.  Some of them sweaty. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Warped

My neighbor (bank manager) told me that one serial number and any part of the second was acceptable......had something similar once, long ago.
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

Texas Ranger

Danny we have a special name for that kind of bank, sweaty, down here.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

At least you know what to bait the trap with.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

js2743

they should replace the $1 also. here is from the BEP website

1.1 I have some currency that was damaged. My bank will not exchange it for undamaged currency. What can I do?

You will be interested to know that the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP), through its Office of Currency Standards, processes all reimbursement for damaged United States currency. They decide the redemption value of torn or otherwise unfit currency by measuring the portions of the notes submitted. Generally, they reimburse the full face value if clearly more than one-half of the original note remains. Currency fragments measuring less than one-half are not redeemable.

If you feel that the currency you have clearly meets these standards, then you should forward it to the Department of the Treasury, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Office of Currency Standards (OCS), Room 344-PD, Post Office Box 37048, Washington, D.C. 20013. You can now also visit the OCS on-line to get complete information about handling unfit currency notes. Upon receipt, the OCS will examine the currency to decide its authenticity and suitability for redemption. They will notify you directly of their findings. Unfortunately, it is impossible to predict how long this procedure will take, due to varying workloads. However, they make every effort to speed up shipments when possible.

Chuck White

Quote from: sawguy21 on August 25, 2015, 04:38:09 PM
War has been declared  :D I guess the bank won't accept those?

According to my bank, (because I asked not to long ago) the banks will accept paper money IF part of both serial numbers are still legible!

Quote from: sprucebunny on August 25, 2015, 05:57:00 PM
All of both serial numbers has to be there. The one is toast and the bank has sent out the 20 to see if it will be accepted.

I have no idea what animal I am dealing with. Woodchuck ? Vole ? Rat ? Porkypine ? Is it the same one that's eating my green bean plants ???

Twelve sticky traps might tell me more …  :D

Not so, according to the info from my bank!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sprucebunny

Thanks for the encouragement. The bank said not to expect to hear from them until this coming week.

I guess I'm just an idiot to think that paper money is safe outdoors for even a moment !

I have killed 2 jumping mice, 1 vole and 1 mole (mole right in front of the solar, sonic, 30 feet radius thing... )

Thank You Sponsors!