iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Strawhouse Upgrade

Started by Magicman, October 07, 2016, 08:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Well the "furniture" anyway.  Last year my friend Jeff tried to put a size 12 butt into a #10 chair.  He made it work, but with some discomfort.

I replaced the plastic chairs with some wider and more substantial ones that a size 12 will fit into.  Now for a return visit.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DeerMeadowFarm

WV Sawmiller

I'm disappointed :(. I thought this was going to be an update on the tale of the 3 little pigs :D :D :D.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

The Strawhouse.

Another view after a limb had fallen on it, and before the Red Oak in the background fell.

The heater and the pee pipe.

The ledger board.  ;D

The view looking North, but the Oak trees in the center are much taller now.

The view looking Southwest.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

that's like shooting out your living room window on to your lawn  :) :)

Ox

You guys know how to do it down there, I'll tell ya what.  I've always almost died from freezing when sit hunting.  Does the pee drain into a milk jug or something?  How do you keep the scent contained?  Around here we just pee into a milk jug while sitting on our little wooden platform nailed up in a tree completely exposed to all the elements.  Back when I hunted, that is.  Haven't been out in years.  ::)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Magicman

The pipe goes down the pole and into a post hole filled with.....pea gravel.  ;D  Actually there is nothing that tells me that deer are spooked by human urine because I have successfully made mock scrapes.  Now sweat is quite another thing.   :o

Ox

I guess I'm going by my knowledge gained from the old folks around here.  They'd pee around their gardens to keep the deer and rabbits out.  They'd swear by it, so I tended to believe them.  I always wondered if the womenfolk ever contributed but I never dared to ask if they did, or how they did it because I thought it would be stepping over the line.  I never had to try this trick with my garden.  I've got 2 dogs that are good at that.  Both with peeing and barking, but no foolish barking.  They only bark when something ain't quite right, which makes them perfect dogs. 
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

DeerMeadowFarm

That is a fine shooting shack! I never would have thought of the pee pipe but it's going to be added when I build mine!
What's the idea behind the slabs mounted horizontally below the shack?

Magicman

We can enter and leave without being seen by or disturbing any deer that might be there.

DeerMeadowFarm

Czech_Made

ESFted

Appears to be a lot of good time history in that house.  Built sturdy enough to outlast the trees around it.  Makes me smile. smiley_clapping
S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

Thank You Sponsors!