Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert R

chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Ron Scott

A Wack of Quality Sawlogs.These sawlogs are laid out on the landing for sale to the "highest bidder". Osterlund Road timber harvest; 3/05.

~Ron

Rob

Here are some pics of a house lot we cut in Late May a few weeks ago ..

Heres a back view of the 525B I run

Rob

Rob

and another.. finally got my digital cam going :)
Heres the 525 a lil dirty not bad though considering I had it in the mud to door level last week at that lot , amazing what a little rain can do

Rob

Heres a pic of the Model 30 Morbark chipper we run

Rob

Rob

heres a lil action shot from the top pile getting chipped up

Rob

here a few pics of the hitches I was grabbing

Rob

Rob

Heres a view of the lot from inside the machine

Rob

and well heres a look when we moved out of there , place had over a foot of standing water on the ground , 4 land clearing companies tried but could not get the wood cut and out cause of the mud  , so they called the company I work for and well , we got 'er done ..

Well hope you enjoy my pics , I 'll have a lot more in the upcoming weeks .

Rob

Rob

Robert R

Ok, I am going to try to stick my skidder picture in here real quick.  But I am supposed to be working.  I hope to post more shortly.  This, if it works, is Molly and Ginger pulling a pinoak pallet log this winter.

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-11404

Hope it works!!
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Robert R

I want the image, not the link.  What did I do wrong?
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Robert R

Ok, got some advice.  I'll try again.

Wish me luck. 

Wahoo!!  It works on the preview--here goes the real deal.  (Thanks Ed).  Yall are going to be sorry I learned this!
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Robert R

The near horse is a 1992 model.  She is a Belgian.  The far horse, which you can't see well, is a 1998 model.  She is the daughter of the other horse, half Belgian and half sneaky little fence jumper.  But they work great together as a team.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Robert R

Here are some pictures of Molly and Ginger and I on a walnut job we did this spring.

And one of us mowing hay last summer

chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Paul_H

Glad you got them posted Robert.They were worth the wait!
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Norm

Now that's a great looking team you have there Robert, thanks for taking the effort to show us. :)

Teri

You've got some beautiful horses there. Thanks for the pictures.  :)

hosslog

Ed_K

Way to go  8). Nice team, hope to fence jumper isn't into chicken plucking  ;D.
Ed K

Ernie

Great pics and looks like a good life too, way to go, no pollution and keeping the old ways alive.

Are you going to pit saw the log ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

SwampDonkey

Nice team Robert. My uncle had a team of Belgians, they were twins he raised from colts. Bud and Sailor. Had them 16 years until one died and then he sold the other. One was as wild as the wind and the other was quiet. They worked well together. But, get the wild one alone and hooked to a log, get out of the way. :D He used to use them to yard logs, haul stovewood, cut hey and haul the hey wagon. I don't remember him ploughing with them. It was more of a hobby for him as they never were worked too hard because my uncle never did. ;D

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!