iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TF rubies in sketchup

Started by Belafonte, October 30, 2015, 02:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belafonte

I have been playing around with skechup quite a bit lately but I cannot seem to find out how to get the timber dimensions on the tf rubies shop drawings.  When I bring up a timber in shop drawings it shows all of the joints and such, but the dimensions seem to be left out.  I hope this is the correct forum to post in.  Can anyone help? 

Brian_Weekley

Unfortunately, I think you have to add the dimensions you want manually to the shop drawings created by the TF Rubies with the dimension tool.
e aho laula

jander3

When you make your shop drawings there will not be any dimensions.   Save the shop drawing, then, use the dimensions tool (from the toolbar) and snap on the ones you would like to use for each  layout (each shop drawing will be it's own sketchup file).  The layout tool will pull the dimensions right off your drawing.   I only mark the dimensions I need. For example; When tenons are 2" off reference face and 2" thick, this never changes, so i don't mark them and clutter my drawing. Same thing for peg holes, brace pocket length, etc.

Shop drawing with some basic settings turned on...no dimensions.

Shop drawing with dimensions added (for me this works).  If I was making a plan for someone, then we would need to include more detail.

Shop drawing, knee pocket brace detail

Thank You Sponsors!