iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mushrooms!

Started by donny hochstetler, May 04, 2008, 08:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donny hochstetler

Hey y'all  Now i know this is off the subject of logs and lumber but its probably familiar to some .So heres my problem today we went mushroom hunting we did very well Delicious 8) Now I was telling my wife how I used to go to northern Michigan mushrooming as a child lots of good memories. well we got to talking and we might consider going up this spring.I thought maybe someone could give some info as to what is the best time ect. I think we were in the Mancelona area just north east of town 4 or five miles dont know if I could find it anymore Is there maps available or do you just drive till you find a good looking area of state land? Any info would be appreciated .For what its worth I grew up in the Mio area, we are thinking of moving back up in the near future if things work out, we know quite a few people up there and in the TraverseCity area. pretty country!

beenthere

See the "woods walking" thread under "Outdoor Activities" Board.

Might wanta leave tomorrow for that trip.  ;D

Post #146 in:

woods walking thread
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Scott

Mushrooms are being picked right now. The morel season is in full swing.
~Ron

Dave Shepard

I hear you want to try to get in the gap between black fly season 1 and black season 2, if there is a gap. :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Coon

If the black flies don't get ya the skeeters will. :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

mdvaden

I've heard that Michigan is a great mushroom picking state.

Coastal Oregon is a Mecca in autumn. Probably Washington too.

Ron Scott

Yes, Michigan is very good with many local community Mushroom Festivals, some week long events, taking place around the mushroom hype. The Mesick Mushroom Festival is all this week, so many pickers will be in the woods and partying.

I also hear that Oregon is very good.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!