iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Current Stumpage Values

Started by Good Feller, May 10, 2008, 09:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Good Feller

How can I find out current stumpage values for Iowa?  Can somebody direct me to a website?  Would just like some ball park estimates. 
Good Feller

Tom

beenthere

Quote from: Good Feller on May 10, 2008, 09:18:47 PM
How can I find out current stumpage values for Iowa?  Can somebody direct me to a website?  Would just like some ball park estimates. 
Used to be a fellow at Iowa State U, name of Dean Prestemon. He was a forester with Extension.  See if you can locate his replacement, and see if there are some pricing informations there.

Paul Wray may be the Extension Forester now.
I see in a search that he does take pics.
http://zipcodezoo.com/Photographers/Paul%20Wray.asp

Also found this by Paul Wray, Ext. Forester and Prof Dave Countryman, Forestry Prof.
http://www.native-landscaping.com/timber.htm

They might be two contacts to get reaquainted with, if Forestry classes didn't already bring you into contact.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Scott

I'm not aware of a site listing Iowa stumpage prices, but a contact to the State Forester might provide you with such information or its source.

Mike Brandrup
State Forester
Iowa Dept. of Natural Resources
Wallace State Office Bldg.
Des Moines, IA 50319
phone: 515-281-8657

~Ron

LeeB

The rest of us call them corn stalks Tom. :D :D :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Tom

I went through there one time, going to Minnihaha and never saw so much corn in all of my life.  Man!!  those folks can grow corn.  There were a few trees out in the distance, they were growing around the farm house and looked like islands in a sea.   :)

pappy19

I think he wants the stumpage value for both sweetgum trees.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Thank You Sponsors!