iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The heat is on.

Started by thecfarm, September 09, 2013, 07:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I turned the heat on today to my Heatmor OWB. I have not turned the thermostat on,just turned the valves to let the hot water into the heat exchanger. This will heat up the duct work and get us by for the next cold spell. Get by tonight and it's going to warm back up into the high 70's for a few days. I had the windows open,but that just made the house colder. It was kinda warm out today,but cold in the house with the air going through the house. I closed the windows and turned 2 valves.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sprucebunny

I had a fire in the woodstove last night at my camp. Stayed there to cover the vegies for the frost. Lots of sad looking squash leaves this morning.... also ice in a pan and wet sheets in the garden.
Too early for frost or heating.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

WDH

The heat is on here, too.  93 today. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Corley5

I've had the OWB running since Labor Day.  It's been turned down low the last couple days but there's talk of frost Friday night.  I throw a couple small pieces of wood in it a day to keep it going.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

beenthere

WDH
It was 92 here today, for three hour stretch.  ::) ::)  Hopefully that is the end, and cooler weather will move in.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Red Good

97 today in the shop , calling for mid 90's for the rest of the week . Cooler after that but just into the mid 80's . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

doctorb

Too hot here to think about splitting and stacking, much less burning, wood
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

WmFritz

Fired up the boiler at my boys house tonight. He complained this evening that the house got into the low fifties last night.  ;D
We checked the stove and flue over, kicked on the pumps and stoked her up.  My own house is heated with nat gas and I'll be DanGed if I fire the furnace already.  :snowman:  Fairly heavy frost this morning.

Gotta get me a wood stove   fire_smiley
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

OneWithWood

Got 10 cord split and ready to go.  Would feel better if I had another 10 drying.  Not at all ready to fire up the boiler just yet.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

thecfarm

I turned the heat on for a few days,than it warmed back up for a week. Turned it back on for 2 nights and it's back off again. pretty soon it will be on until May.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ET

Its dropping into the mid forties here tonight. Im maybe 75% done putting up this winters supply. Lots of dry dead ash to finish out my stash.  I havn't yet cleaned out my stack and chimney yet. Lots yet to do.
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

Logging logginglogging

been turning on the owb about once a week, let it get warmed up in the house and then let it go out the rest of the week right now. I don't turn on the thermostat or anything, I just let it run and circulate of the one circulator on the stove.

thecfarm

Heat been off for 3 days now. It's coming,but for now we had better enjoy the warm days. And the nights had been pretty nice too.

WDH

Our air conditioner is running as I type  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pineywoods

Quote from: WDH on October 03, 2013, 08:36:51 PM
Our air conditioner is running as I type  :).

Mine too. I got up a real good sweat this morning stacking firewood in the barn. Two years supply all dried, stacked and ready. Tried to work in the shop a bit this afternoon, still too hot to stay there long enough to get anything done.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

WDH

It was almost 90 degrees here.  Way too hot for this time of the year. 

DDDfarmer

Was - 4C last week this week its in the mid teens-20's.  Wood shed is almost half full and I stated that the furnace doesn't start till the shed's full up.   
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

OneWithWood

Nice mild 78°F here yesterday.  Unfortunately the humidity was 80+%.  I could not wipe the sweat off my brow fast enough.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

JohnG28

Its been really nice around here lately also. Heat came on a few times a few weeks back, not looking necessary for a while though with the forecast. Few cord to get stacked out back and be ready for the cold!
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

WDH

Hot and humid.  Almost 90 today.  Come on, Fall. 

Dave Shepard

Fall? You need to cool off 10° just to get back to summer. :D It's been hovering one side or the other of 70° here lately. Too DanG warm! ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

Fire in the furnace here this morning. It's not really cold inside, but just to keep the dampness away. It's certainly not hot outside, 39 this morning again. Keeps the old windows form steaming up, especially when cooking. And I've been doing plenty of that, apple sauce, bread and muffins.  Might as well use the heat I say. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Peter Drouin

Had the woodstove lit 2 times now just to keep mom and the cat happy :D

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

I still like that stove and the brick work around it. It looks good. That would look good in The Wife's Cave.  :D 

SwampDonkey

Keep the insurance agent away. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!