Sponsors:

Remember the hard water white pine ?

Started by Kevin, May 22, 2006, 06:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Well I got to mill it this weekend.
If this is fun, I was having it!  ;D

beenthere

Interesting first pic. Almost looks like trying to roll that big log away from the mill, but thinking three guys are trying to hold it back from rolling too fast towards the mill. Might flatten that middle dude if it gets away,  ::)  (which it didn't, good thing).  :)

Looks like a fun one to saw up. Curious how it got to the mill. Via your log arch?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

sprucebunny

WOW !! That's a big one. Good thing you had help to roll it over .

Was the wood particularly clear ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Kevin

That tree was hauled up there with the log arch and argo aatv during the winter.
It was clear except for two, 2 or 3 inch common nails, one in each of the two lower lengths.
There was over one thousand board feet in the one tree.
I milled some spruce today for a guy that makes canoe paddles, he gave me one of his creations... very nice!

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

tcsmpsi

Sure enough a good looking piece of wood, Kevin.

Did you offer the other fellers a chance to run the mill if they put themselves between a 'log and a hard spot'? 
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Kevin

Those boys are hard workers, you wouldn't want to spoil them by allowing them to operate the mill!

Thank You Sponsors!