iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Went to the Fair

Started by Quartlow, September 04, 2005, 08:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

The Canfield Fair that is, that thing is huge, supposed to be the biggest fair in the state.
Of course watching the truck and tractor pulls is always a highlight  ;)
The classes run last niight where there alchol tractors, the big smokers, 4 wheel drive modified pickups, the semi's and they added a new one, high performance diesel pickups  :) :) The ones they ran last night where there on invitation. and they came from all over MD, MI, WI, NY, VA, WV, OH PA. They where suposedly the best trucks from those areas

they had 11 trucks show up, 10 dodges and and one duramax chevy. The announcer said they had a bunch of no shows. These are all street legal trucks, all factory ecept for HP bolt ons, exhuast trurbos chip fhor the computers  that kind of stuff

Out of the 11 they had 5 that made full pulls. 4 dodges and the chevy, and man that chevy was flying in fact when he crossed the 300 foot mark they had to stop him. That truck was head home with the sled in tow 340 feet

In the pull off they stopped all the dodges between 180 feet and 291 feet, The chevy, 340 feet again  ;D ;D The funny part o this is the only time it was blowing black smoke was when it first started out and when that allison tranny changed gears. Other than that it was just a very light black haze. All the other trucks smoked like freight trains for the whole pull and it was quiet real quiet.

Fun was had by all yesterday, looked at lots of new toys drooled a lot, checked out the Dixie chopper mowers and the chopper that OCC built for them  ;D Stuffed my face checked out the  all the critters and pretty much walked and walked walked
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

gary

Thats a nice fair. I think it is like the 6th largest in the country. I used to put up all the tents at that fair.

Ironwood

Quartlow,

Thanks for the ride down memory lane. I used to sit in the trailer right down on the track every year. My friend (the dairy farmer I worked for as a teen) from back there used to be on the fair board and was the one responsible for the truck and tractor pulls, LOADS OF FUN. Thanks Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!