iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Want some logs?

Started by Ianab, July 09, 2017, 01:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Friend is in the process of moving to a new property. She calls me up and says, want some trees?

Naturally that gets my interest.

Turns out it will be a bit of a mission.

Some old Monterey Cypress, but actually some good trees in there. And a handful of small Port Orford cedar for good measure.

The Port Orfords aren't pretty, mostly like this. At first glance, it rubbish, but the leaders are mostly 12+ inch dia, and nice and straight. Worth messing with as they will be solid and saw out some good boards.

Then the cypress. Real mix of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Ones like this are NICE.

Not so nice, but there is actually a couple of sawlogs in there, once you get past the mess of firewood.

Add several decent trees here.

And of course the just plain ugly  :D

Need to work out the logistics when machinery is going to be on site to move logs, but there is a few boards to be had here.  :)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Magicman

I always see the good and the bad is just the price that you pay.  Sometimes the "hide has to go with the hair".  (old saying)   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ianab

Yeah, there's a lot of firewood in there. Mac is considered good firewood here, so lots of work, but it's all useful for something.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

red

There is no such thing as Free Logs.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

dgdrls

Quote from: red on July 09, 2017, 07:30:24 AM
There is no such thing as Free Logs.

Or Lunch, :)

I would live to get some cedar that large
Go get'em Ian

D

Thank You Sponsors!