iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mom's Urn

Started by low_48, February 14, 2018, 11:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

low_48

My Mother was moved from her assisted living apartment into a nursing home on Dec. 26. She is now nearing end stage dementia, and fading fast. She has to be fed, and doesn't recognize me any longer. It's been very rough! So turned her urn a few days ago. Here's a little back story, on an unusual coincidence with this piece. Her Father, a real time old Irishman, always called her his "Wild Irish Rose" after the old Irish song. Anyway, selected a piece of soft maple and did the turning. Started the final sanding and saw this pattern in the figured section of the piece. It brought me to tears.   

FLPINERAT

Beautiful!

Such a horrible disease. Mother in law succumbed to the same fate...now 6 years ago.

Knew her forty years...and now, all my memories are from her as healthy and vibrant.

Thoughts and prayers

azmtnman

WOW! Great piece!
May God bless you in this difficult time.
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

rjwoelk

Very fitting to have that patteren show up.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

thecfarm

Very odd.I feel that did not just happen.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Beautiful pieces.  Some thing s are just meant to be right.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Treehack

That is beautiful work and fitting for it to be blessed with that pattern.
TK 1220, 100+ acres of timber, strong left arm.

Magicman

Exquisite.  A very fitting tribute. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Larry

Nice.  I see chatoyance in the piece which I think is fitting.

My heart goes out to you.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

petefrom bearswamp

Very nice urn.
I feel your pain as my mom went that route back in the early 90's.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

747mopar

Beautiful piece of work! Best wishes with your family.

samandothers

Beautiful!
So sorry she is fading. As stated it is a terrible disease!

I saw the Rose right away very pretty and appropriate!

low_48

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

DPatton

You have crafted a very fine and appropriate piece. Loosing a parent is one of the most difficult things in life. You have my heartfelt sympathy.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Thank You Sponsors!