iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shop Fox Woodworking equipment

Started by Fairchance, September 16, 2009, 09:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairchance

Anyone have any experience with these machines? The look like descent equipment but I have never worked with them before. Any input would be appreciated.

Larry

Same basic machine as Grizzly.  Different color paint and maybe couple of cosmetic upgrades.

Biggest difference is you might be able to get Shop Fox from a machinery dealer around the corner...to get Grizzly you will have to mail order or visit one of there three stores.

I have the Shop Fox moulder...the W&H clone.  It's a nice machine...but I don't believe the quality of a W&H.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Kcwoodbutcher

It is basically like the Grizzly. The dealer network also will service them. They have a two year warranty verses a one year for grizzly. If you're buying from a dealer there's no shipping charge ( it's built into the price ) but you will have sales tax.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

TimJr

No problems here. Same basic story, basically like a Grizzly. We run two Shop Fox shapers and have had no problems.
Live each day like it's your last. Your never promised tomorrow.

pasbuild

We had the mortiser and found it to be of very poor quality and considered ourselves lucky to only lose $100 on the resale.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

tyb525

It seems the quality of the machines depend on the tool you get, with both grizzly and shop fox. I think the more industrial stuff is better quality compared to other machines, whereas the low-end machines are cheap chinese stuff usually.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

brdmkr

I have a lot of Grizzly tools and I like them.  The only Shop Fox tools I have are their mobile bases (3 of them).  I don't like them at all.  I really think SF = Grizzly w/ different color in terms of power tools.  My griz table saw is a workhorse!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

geils

I have some SF bases and a SF drill press.  Waste of $.  I find the overall quality of SF stuff to be clubby at best and the parts they send to put the stuff together is just garbage.  Grizzly table saw is a good workhorse, but the Grizzly shaper and band saw are marginal.  All were bought as a start up set, so I knew that going into it.  Get what you pay for, but I must say they have all paid for themselves.
Wayne Geils
Geils Woodworking
www.geilswoodworking.com
www.geilsandsonbuilders.com

Thank You Sponsors!