iDRY Vacuum Kilns

pix

Started by Peter Drouin, February 11, 2018, 04:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Some will go in some won't, Says file size is too big. Not sure how to fix that.
Is it the camera? I will take 5 pix and 2 go into my folder and not the rest. Never have this problem.
I hates being this stupid with this.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

Its your phone. Pictures are to big. We don't allow billboards here and that is the size those iphones will take.  Its an iphone so I can't tell you how to reduce your resolution, but I do know, if you are only using the phtos to post on line or show people from your phone, or printing off a normal printer, You DO NOT need the quality that is forced on you by default.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

I have a flip open phone. I'm using a reg camera.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

Peter Drouin

That's me. I do thank you for all your help.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

I can but my pix in my Gallery. Use to put pix in with the cut, paste thing, then post a pix with out the cut, peste.  Click on the put pix in post then ok, Pix was in,Now with the new gallery button can't get my pix in post.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

REFRESH OR DELETE CACHE  There is no new gallery button for posting photos. Use the one under the post box.  Did you actually watch the video?

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Jeff

Its been posted more than once.  Twice in the tech section.

Peter Drouin

Yes I did, and all was well. Under the red box was a sencence this is the gallery or something like that , Now there's just the button.

Hit reply,

Went to gallery under red box, Then to my gallery, Went to the pix I want, It came up, went to click here to insert Image in post, then click on yes, Back to the my post and the pix is not there.

I'll work on it some more.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

Quote from: Jeff on February 19, 2018, 09:32:17 PM
REFRESH OR DELETE CACHE  There is no new gallery button for posting photos. Use the one under the post box.  Did you actually watch the video?

If You watched the video, I don't know what the heck one it was.  That description is nothing like the process outlined in the video.  There is no red box. Never was.

Posting a photo on The Forestry Forum - YouTube

petefrom bearswamp

The red I see is the warning to follow the steps
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

There is that, but there is no red box.

Peter Drouin

Under the red tool box to the left of the scereen, is a gallery button. Is that not the thing to get to my gallery?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

WATCH THE V I D E O  No, you shouldn't be using that to post pictures. Its only there to go see pictures in the gallery.

I can't help if you don't pay any attention to the help I give.  One more time. Empty cache, watch the video.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Jeff on February 20, 2018, 01:10:11 PMI can't help if you don't pay any attention to the help I give. One more time. Empty cache, watch the video.
dadgum you, Charlie! bat_smailey :D

The video is great and now the posting is sooooo much easier and faster!

Footnote to Jeff.  I clicked on the above emojis and they inserted without spacing between.  They previewed in the typing window correctly but only went in as the text descriptors in the final post.  I had to add a space between.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Peter Drouin

I have my grandson coming today.
The vid you put up shows what to do when you put up a pix. [new one] I can't get the pix that is all ready in my file to put in the post.

Or the smileys, I don't know what a cache is. 
It will be better when he comes.  
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Magicman

To post a picture that is already in your Gallery, click where you want the picture in the posting box.  Then click on the blue "Photos" box below the posting box.  Click on "My Gallery" in the top left corner and then find your picture that you want to post.

Without clicking on the blue "Photos" box, you have not established a destination in the posting box for the picture to go to.  By clicking on the Gallery below the Red Box, your pictures have no where to go.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

Jeff I had my grandson and I work on the PC and found that the problem is specific to google chrome, and after resetting the cache I am no longer able to even login on chrome, and now I have to login on internet explorer. This is the error message that pops up.

Following the steps in the video you linked works on internet explorer but it does not work on google chrome, that is why there was a problem with the pictures. I was also unable to use emoticons on google chrome, but they now work properly on IE. The problem is with the sites compatibility with chrome. :) :D

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

I can also post pictures using internet explorer using the method in the video.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

That error is a direct effect of either logging into the forum via an old bookmark, or not completely deleting cache and cookies. Period. I'll bet you that when the cache is being deleted, that you are not choosing all time, but something like an hour or a day. You will be able to use chrome as well, if you delete your entire cache and bookmarks

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

If I was there, I'd show you you didn't. Not much I can do more to help.

Peter Drouin

Jeff, I know you do all you can for me, and I thank you for that.
I will get the hang of it[ the pc]
I'm better at cutting lumber and making money. :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

ronwood

Peter,

Could you go to another computer that has not been to the forum before and give it a try to see if you get it to work. Windows operating system can be difficult at time to get it to work like it should.  Jeff could he have issues with virus scan software?

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Jeff

Quote from: ronwood on February 24, 2018, 12:28:26 PMJeff could he have issues with virus scan software?

I see no reasons why.  One thing that people are worried about is that the new browser versions give you a website is not secure warning on any page that has a login on it. You must be running https in order to not get that. We do not run https yet. Nothing is changed there with us, just the browsers.

Magicman

I ran into that situation with the red lock being displayed when I first tried logging onto this as well as other sites and I knew that it was this new Laptop setup.  Sometimes protection tries to overprotect because it does not know.  I guess that it is doing it's job.  I just wanna say; "alright already". 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

So, is there a purpose here?

Peter Drouin

Yes Jeff, all fix now, Did what you told me to do, I did some 2 times just to make sure.
Now I have to go back and put my book marks back up.
And I'm back on crome.
A&P saw Mill LLC.