iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fun day

Started by opticsguy, October 20, 2013, 11:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opticsguy

A fun day in the sun 2 days ago.   Rolled my saw out of the shed, charged the battery and started cutting.  First on the deck was a  10' long pine about 11" diameter, just big enough for an 8"x8" post.  No plan for it just getting it out of the way.

Next up was a 12' cedar, about 20" diameter.  Needed some 6"x6" posts and ended up with several of those plus some very nice 1.5" boards, 10" to 14" wide.  Really love cedar and my favorite for cutting.  You can drop any cedar trees at my house anytime!!

Next on the list was a 6 sided column, only 4 feet long and used my home made jig to make this.  The log had been laying around here long time and had many worm holes.  Now a nice hexagonal post.  Would be curious if others here have made 6 or 8 or 12 sided colomns?

Next on the list was an old old old rotting tree limb from a long gone maple tree.  This piece was very soft and you could push your finger in an inch or more.  22" long and about 22" diameter (yes a tree limb of a very big old tree)  cut into 2" thick slabs with some of the best spaulting i have ever seen.  And pretty solid inside.

I only cut for myself so a relaxed slow pace and keeps my happy!! 
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

Nomad

Sounds like a good day to me!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Magicman

Happy is as happy does.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

m wood

nice recount of the day.  any pictures of the hex post, or the spalted maple boards? 
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: m wood on October 20, 2013, 03:51:08 PM
nice recount of the day.  any pictures of the hex post, or the spalted maple boards?

Yep, that's the rule. No pictures, it didn't happen.

Herb

Thank You Sponsors!