iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Great Weekend!!

Started by Kirk_Allen, August 01, 2004, 09:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

Finished up on some great projects.  

The speaker Boxes I built for our Farmers Kid in exchange for his cutting the grass on the weeks I couldnt get to the farm.  I made them from some of last years free cherry.

This is the farmer that I got the most recent batch of logs from to include two more trailer loads this weekend.

This is the first load, which is Osage orange and the larger logs in the back are Maple that was dead standing for two years.  When I cut the log in half it was clear that the spalting is clear through from end to end 8) 8) 8)

This is the second load.  Note that the Ash log was 26' but more importantly was the Hickory behind it.  I cut the Hickory at the 26' mark and still ended up with another 11 foot log.  Tallest amd straightest hickory I have seen.

This is the Farmers 4020 John Deer.  What I would give to have this for my operation.

I was also able to get some Walnut and Osage cut for WV_hIllbilly.  Im bringing it to the pig roast!

WV_hillbilly

Thanks Kirk

I can hardly wait to get my paws on those slabs . The wheels are already turnin as to the projects that may come from them .  8)

Pretty neat speaker boxes .Too bad the have to sit in the trunk where most people won't see them .
Hillbilly

Kirk_Allen

Yeh, it sucks no one gets to see them but they need to stay in the trunk and be wrapped in sound proof insulation.  Those speakers are so loud I can hear him coming from a mile away.  

leweee

you can tell when your old fashioned when your headers are quietter than the kids stereo. :o ::) 8)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Thank You Sponsors!