iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fireworks,fireworks and more fireworks.

Started by thecfarm, June 28, 2018, 08:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

A bunch was bought for the 4th.
I bought alot of small stuff,smoke balls,a chicken that blows up a balloon,a dog doing it's business,spinning things,a whip string,snakes,firecrackers. Some small cakes too.Roman candles too. Some things that shoot up in air and whistles real loud.Than something that flashes.
Than some bigger stuff,the bigger cakes,some tubes that shoots balls in the air.
I spent more on the small stuff than the big stuff. They have videos of the bigger stuff,but none for the small stuff. I like the small stuff for the younger folks and the bigger ones too. I betcha I can play with that small stuff for a couple hours.
A bunch of parachutes for everyone to chase too. Last year I only had a few packages,this year I bought 6 with 6 to a package. Last year the first one I lite off went into the woods. I was just testing the wind on that one. :o  :D
Fireworks have only been legal here for the past 3-4 years. Some towns,cities,you have to get a permit to use them. None here in Chesterville. Glad the rain came here all day.
We have a get together with go karts with no motors. Down the road we go. We live on a dead end dirt road,not much traffic. Than we chain them together and pull them up the hill with my truck.Kids ride in the back of the truck too. The way we did growing up. Badmitten will be set up,wiffle ball will be available,bunch of stuff to make bubbles,A football will be there,frisbee too and more lawn games.
One year one of my friends daughters was dating someone from a city in NY. Brought some cities boys with him. They all had a ball. I just had a good time watching them have fun.
We have no idea how many will be here. Maybe 5,maybe 50. Cooking on the homemade grill with white maple for fuel.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

submarinesailor

I'll be there shortly.  It's only about 750 miles one way. :D :D :D :D :D :D

redbeard

Sounds like a great old school 4th of July! Enjoy be safe!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Jim_Rogers

They had a triple-Decker in the news lately that caught on fire and burnt real bad from a Roman candle bouncing off a phone pole and hitting the porch on the house. Be careful out there.

Jim Rogers 
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

submarinesailor,bring something to eat.  ;D

Jim,all fireworks will be done across the road in the field. Well that's where the party is too. ;D I put the roman candles in a 5 gallon bucket of sand. The cakes go in there too. I think nothing but mowed grass for 500 feet.Keeps them all stable. One more thing I have to get out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crusarius

That sounds like a great party. I miss the days I used to have parties like that. Mine always turned into running the jeeps in the woods :) Then burning and blowing stuff up. 

thecfarm

I have the woods,you have the Jeeps. A perfect match. ;D

Crusarius

Ron Scott

I try to avoid most fireworks, the banging especially. Sets off the PTSD issue.
~Ron

thecfarm

That's too bad Ron. I will miss you. ;D

thecfarm

Another fun July 4th behind us. We all had a great time. Heat and all. It was a warm day. Some did not come because of the heat. They did not want to be out in the heat. Good thing they are not farmers. :D We only had 15 here. Gave me more time to talk to people. Hard when 40 are here.
Yes,it was warm,headed towards 95°. But I had fun with the fireworks and go karts.

mike_belben

Like typical rednecks we burned stuff, shot stuff and ate stuff.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!