iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with an Aermotor Windmill???

Started by wewacountryboy, August 02, 2011, 07:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wewacountryboy

I bought a track of land that has an Aermotor Windmill. I was told that it was in operation a few years ago until the shaft was broke. I have serviced the gear box and that is in great working order. The water is pumped from a 6" deep well. I do not have a clue of what I need to attach to the shaft to go down into the well to make it work. Any help would be great!
Jonathan Hanson

Slabs

Many of the old shafts were wood with steel couplings.  If you can get the shaft up it should be an easy fix.  If not, you'll probably have to "lasso" it.

Google up Aeromotor Windmills.  Betcha there's even a forum on there, or at least a user group.

Good luck
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Carpenter

Windmill shafts are wood that attach to a steel rod that actually goes down into the well.  The end of the steel rod will have an assembly usually made out of bronze with a popper and leathers that actually does the pumping.  A 2x2 pine will work for the stick.  It's really not a difficult fix.

Don_Papenburg

Check out  O'Brock windmills .  I think that they are in Ohio . Don't have any info handy . I do know that they have all the parts you will need to complete windmills. They even have parts you don't need.
What shaft is broken? Made my wooden pump shaft out of oak.  I got a fiberglass sucker rod for my 21' well . but on a 6" well a guy could afford to invest in a stainless steel sucker rod.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

red

russ windmill  castlerock co  since 1976 we love sawdust this guy loves aermotor
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!