iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

firewood processor

Started by J.J, February 27, 2006, 12:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.J

I am thinking about buying a firewood processor . any one out there knowhow good a multitek processor is
thank you :)

Sawyerfortyish

I have a 2020 I bought in 1990. Mine has a 35hp Diesel and has been a real good machine. Haven't had much trouble with it at all. But if I had to do it all over again (after i got my head examined) I would take a good look at the cord king just because of the production rate. I'm not knocking Multitek but if your going to spend the money you might as well get the production. My multitek with pretty straight wood about 10-16" I can split at most 2 cord an hour.  Are you looking at new or used? I hope you have an endless supply of firewood logs. Processors eat a lot of wood to keep going.

Corley5

A couple guys on here have them.  I've heard nothing but good things about them.  I've got a 14-12 Block Buster and couldn't be happier with it.  http://www.blockbuster-inc.com/  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Corley5

Quote from: Sawyerfortyish on February 27, 2006, 01:04:14 PMI hope you have an endless supply of firewood logs. Processors eat a lot of wood to keep going.

You got that right ;D ;)  I've been thru 100 pulp cords since just before Christmas, have another 20 coming in and that's it for the seasoned stuff.  I've run everbody out that had any 8).  The past week I've been running daylight til after dark and am scheduled that way until Wednesday.  Where you at J.J ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

J.J

Hell o corley5 iam in GREENE NY 20 MILES OF BINGHAMTON NY. RIGHT NOW IAM JUST DREAMING ABOUT THE PROCESSOR BUT THOUGHT I WOULD ASK OTHERS ABOUT MORE INFO. THIS IS A VERY GOOD SITE 8)

Ron Wenrich

We're running one, and it seems to do a pretty good job.  I'm not sold on the wedge system and I know we had to beef it up. 

I think just about any system can give you good service.  But, as noted, you need a good supply of logs.  We have several crews in the woods, so logs aren't that much of a concern. 

You should travel down to see Ernie Gish around Shippensburg, PA.  Its about a 4 hour drive for you.  He has 3 Multiteks running into one conveyor.  He probably does more than anyone on the East Coast and has been doing it for over 20 years.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!