iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

a weekends work for 3brothers

Started by Brian w, January 27, 2019, 06:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian w

It's been a really wet winter this year. We've been waiting for two weeks to finish up a job. We had some brush and about 15 bigger tree's to cut. Well finally got cold for a few days on Friday. So started working Saturday morning and half a day on Sunday and finally got the job done just some wood to haul in the morning. The cab you see in the picture is of a 395 barko I unload at the sawmill all I almost forgot to mention that we done the reclaim work also and I was back home Sunday at 1 in the afternoon

Old Greenhorn

Your are lucky you get to work with your brothers. I never had that and lost my brother last year. Count that time as blessed hours. Your team got some nice work done, bet it feels good... it should.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

nativewolf

Nice logs Brian.  If you update your profile we can see where you are located.  

What sort of logging do you normally do?.  Nice cleanup on the site.  We have also been fighting the wet weather, heck everyone east of Mississippi has been fighting the wet.  Poor guys in CA and Oregon were fighting fires all summer/fall.  
Liking Walnut

Brian w

I will try to update soon I'm still learning all the different stuff on computers n things. I'm just a dumb logger as they say. Sometimes I even feel that way like when my 15 year old daughter takes the thing over and does intended minutes what I've been trying for a hour.  But I'm located in southern Ohio and I do all kinds of logging clear cut select cut and so on. use cable skidders and still cut with  chain saw may be kinda old fashioned now days but that's how we like doing it. we just recently updated our old 150 prentice loader that was wore out 20 years ago and got a210 with a sawbuck. I must admit I don't regret that decision cutting up by hand didn't seem like a bad thing till I used they sawbuck for a while and then blew a line with the truck half loaded on Saturday afternoon with no where still open to get a new one and cut up the rest of the day with my old still 661 . So Monday morning I bought a new line that blew and a extra one just for next time

Magicman

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on January 27, 2019, 06:48:18 PMYour are lucky you get to work with your brothers. I never had that and lost my brother last year. Count that time as blessed hours.
I thought the exact same thing.  I only had one Brother and lost him to Cancer in 1984 when he was only 44 years old.  I only have one Son Marty, so we are kinda the only ones that each other have.  Thankfully Marty has two Sons who are fine young men so they have a team.  I love working with them but they try to take care of me and won't let me do too much.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerTed

That's a great pile of logs!  

You are fortunate if you can work with your brothers.  My brother is a good man, good husband and step dad/granddad.  We just can't work together.  We have the same parents but somehow we don't think alike.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Brian w

Well I tell you guys I do enjoy working with my brother's but I'm the youngest one of us three n there's a couple more kids between me and them so sometimes it gets a bit activating for me cause they like to just dismiss what I think or what I say. I guess it's just cause I'm the little brother as they say but I do enjoy the time's when I am right . But of course we argue some but not as much as some other brothers I've seen but in the end I wouldn't want to do this business with anyone else. My dad passed away when I was 12 and they learned from him so in a way I guess he's still teaching me through them. Cause it seems that no matter how long I've been logging there's always more to learn.

1countryboy

Brian.  Yes, update and let us know where you are located in southern Ohio.   I attend the Paul Bunyan Show every year.  About a 2 hour drive south on 77 from Ashland County.   

We have NAPA stores that are open on sat afternoon up here that make up Hyd. hoses.  

Br. and I have always worked together farming, woodland improvement, firewood, haymaking, dairy etc etc.   As the big brother I was always put in charge by my parents to take care of "younger brothers" :D :D :D 
Ohio Certified Tree Farm, Ohio Centennial Farms, Ashland County Soil Conservation Award., USDA/ASCS/FSA forest management(TSI) 1963 to present, retired educator, NOT retired farmer and a real farm shop to fix all my old equipment.

petefrom bearswamp

You are indeed fortunate to be able to work together.
I have 2 brothers one's interest is in steam locomotives in his spare time and the other is an ebay king selling all sorts of collectibles.
I'm the only "outdoor" guy.
I do however have the privilege of having my son and grandson help me when they can.
Both supply the muscle that I no longer have.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Brian w

I'm located in McArthur Ohio. About a hour Southwest of the Paul Bunyon show. Only 20 miles from Ohio University. If you look up lake hope in zaleski state Forest that's basically right where I am logging I have 5 different sections to cut all in the same area. 

Thank You Sponsors!