iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We got SNOW

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, December 06, 2002, 07:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

Haytrader - I tink dats bout a haffa gallon ;)

Haytrader

Mark,

Speakin of a half a gallon........loaned a gooseneck stock trailer to a feller who sold a house in Missouri and needed to bring some things home. He brung me a half gallon of Crown.
I don't have a clue as to what he expects me to do with it.
 ;)

Haytrader
Haytrader

Mark M

That reminds me - Sven and Ole were supposed to go fishing so Sven calls up Ole and says: "Hey Ole get ready and I'll pick you up in 10 minutes to go fishing". Ole replies "Oh Sven, I can't go fishing today, I got a case of diarrhea". Sven says: "Dats ok, bring it along and we'll drink it on da way!"

Stephen

I'll first admit to not reading this entire post, but the subject caught my eye. Try these links for pictures of snow.
http://newfoundlandsnow.no-ip.info/pages/pics/20010204.htm
http://www.newfoundlandsnow.ca
1994 WoodMizer LT40G18. 69 acres mixed wood. 1952 ford tractor, Norse 290 winch, studed Norse ice chains. 45-66DT Fiat.

Mark M

WOW! now that's what I call snow!  8) 8) 8)

Wish we would get snow like that.

Mark

ARKANSAWYER

Well Spring has sprung and this is all the snow I have.  Snow white blossoms. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

Jeff

We had about half an inch Sunday Morning, but as of today we have a little sun and 60o

If I had em I'd be kicken up my hind legs. 8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Mary and I ran away from home this morning.  It was about 40 degrees when we stepped out the door into a snow shower.  It was snowing off and on all the way to town.  We stopped in at the local quick shop to get Mary her first cup of coffee and I snapped this picture.  Flakes were about the size of jawbreakers.  We made a wide loop from mid-Missouri to Quincy, Ill and down to Louisiana, Mo and back home – running into snow a couple of times even though it was in the mid-40s. One time it was especially heavy with high winds - almost a white out.

Later in the evening I did some cleanup work with our new Terex loader.  The sun would come out and I'd soon pin the door back to cool off.  Then another snow shower would hit and I'd have to close it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

chet

We here in the UP of Michigan got an early April fools from old ma nature. Thursday and Friday we got a purdy good bast, some places well over 2 feet.   :(   A guy tends to get a little sick of da white stuff after awhile.   :'(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Ron Scott

Chet,

Heard about your recent heavy snow. My sister cancelled her planned visit there this week-end because of it.

I'm coming up there tomorrow for a couple days to pick up tree marking paint at Nelson's Paint Company, visit mother in the Care Facility at Crystal Falls, and then up to Michigan Tech for a couple days for an SAF session on "Invasive Species". Hopefully that snow won't still be a problem.

Stop by the "office" if you get a chance and if you see the white Toyota PU there.

~Ron

beenthere

I, and probably others, will be interested to hear what you learn about "invasive species" at the Forestry meeting. I assume the "species" they will talk about will be those growing in the forest, and won't be the human kind. ;D

However, I think that the "species" sitting in the redwood trees as being "invasive".  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

chet

Ron you will probably see one of my sons and future daughter-in-law going in the opposite direction. They will be heading back to Fruitport Monday. He's driving a dark charcoal gray Ford explorer. He will be easy to spot,  pulling a Marlin jet boat he bought while home. Only a yooper would think to drive this far in a blizzard to buy a boat.    ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Must be the future daughter-in-law can clean fish eh? ;D

chet

Nah, I don't think they intend to fish with this boat.  I don't think the fish could keep up.   :-/   It has a 455 Olds, with two BIG Holley 4 barrels atop a 14" high rise manifold.    8)

Jeff

If ya can't fish from it, it aint no good. ;D

Tom

My little cousin, Johnny,who lives in Louisiana, says that the Cajuns fish from a 14 foot Pirogue with a 100 horse outboard.  

You have to stop to fish.

The 100 horse outboard is "to get away".  :-/

Those guys are fearless :D

Ron Scott

Tom.

Do those boats have any seats or do you bring your own??

~Ron

Tom

I think most of the young'uns stand up, Ron. :D  looks llike it'd be easy to put a seat in there somewhere though. ;D

Weekend_Sawyer

I have been working night shift. I don't sleep too well during the day so I was laying on the couch waching a little of the O's game. I must have nodded off and woke up to see the pitcher standing on the mound with his hand inside his short sleeve shirt trying to keep his hand warm and it was SNOWING! The day before we were walking around in t shirts and today it was 65.

Maryland is a confusing state!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Ron Scott

Just returned from a week in the U.P. Shoveled 6-8 inches of snow each day while there. Left Houghton, MI early afternoon on April 4 due to heavy snow storm.

Arrived in Cadillac last night with more snow here also after recent ice and snow storm. We were getting ready to rake the yard when we left. Now "blown out" of the woods again today.

~Ron

L. Wakefield

Arrgh! I know what u mean..the bulbs were peeking up, the edges were a bit green, and it was getting time to rake. I'd already picked up a lot of the loose trash. Now back to waiting again. At least no flower heads were out yet. They can't take it.

The bull calf must've had an itchy head this am. Just ramming it into the juniper and rubbing all around..  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

ARKANSAWYER

Well I just wanted to let you guys know that I had to get my weedeater out last night and will have to mow today after work.  Dogwoods are in bloom and the redbuds are finishing up.  Spring has sprung in the Ozarks. 8) 8) 8) 8)
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

chet

Go ahead, rub it in.   :'(   I could mow my lawn too, but I can't seem to remember where I hide the snow tires for my lawn mower.

Thank You Sponsors!