iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2017 Christmas Contest! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!! SEE FIRST POST!!

Started by Jeff, December 04, 2017, 06:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I got,I got it. At about 5:42. I kept trying,kinda like the contest,and I got it to work. My internet is not the best,even on a good day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Shotgun on December 25, 2017, 08:28:08 PM
Not sure if it was Goat, or Magicman though. 

Probably Rocket Man from North Korea who's been trying to bomb the FF for weeks!
Good job Jeff.  :snowball:
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sprucebunny

My internet situation isn't much better than Ray's but I heard from Marcel that I won some Blue Creeper.

Excellent  8)  Thank you very much !!
I'm running low on my bottle that is Reaper and Creeper... a nice bluegreen.

Thanks again to Jeff and Tammy and Logrite and Council Tools.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

YellowHammer

I just got my last Christmas present for the day! I'm excited about winning and thanks to Jeff, the Forum and the sponsors.  I'm excited to start picking a slab to go with the legs.  I'm definately going to do it right, and I'll post as I get it done.
Great contest, and thanks again.
Robert
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Jeff

Quote from: YellowHammer on December 25, 2017, 09:54:49 PM
I just got my last Christmas present for the day!

Don't give up yet! its only 10:00. Did you look behind the couch and the drapes? There could be more...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dan_Shade

I was so close! Twice!

Thanks for a great contest Jeff and Wildflower.

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

OlJarhead

2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

btulloh

Close, but no guitar.  Congrats to the winners.  It was a fun contest.  Thanks to Jeff and Tammy and all the sponsors.  I can't wait to see what you come up with next year!
HM126

thecfarm

Winner,winner chicken dinner. ;D  Council Tool Park Axe!!!!!!     :o
I have read and understood the rules to the 2017 Christmas Contest and it stated that no substitutions was allowed or permitted. So no grits.
Magicman is busy sawing so he won't have time to do any cooking in Chesterville,ME.   ;D
It was a lot of fun solving and helping out other members.
I am looking forward to next years contest. But really looking forward to what is coming to my house.
All packages will be scanned at the Kittery Border. If needed said package can be opened and inspected.

All you other winners will need to take a picture of yourself with the prize that you won. That was in the rules too.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

reride82

Awesome! Thanks to Council Tool, Logrite, and especially Jeff for operating such a great forum so we can all participate in these fun Christmas contests! I'll make sure to post a picture once I get to put my axe in action! Belated Merry Christmas to everyone and have a happy new year!

Levi
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

LIL

Thanks from Kiwiland too

I have loved participating and following this thread.  I am a bit  :( that it has to come to an end so quickly but can't wait for the next 350 odd days to pass to start again  :snowball:

A huge congrats to all the winners and grinners :D I think we are all winning just being on this forum alone. 

Again THANKS  :-* to all those who made this competition what it was :)

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Tam-i-am

Congrats to all the winners! 

Thanks to Jeff for putting it all together.

The prizes went out today via FedEx so Runmca you should have yours tomorrow.  Sprucebunny on Saturday as the two of you live nearby.  Yellowhammer you could have yours on Saturday as well but I would guess more like Tues.

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

thecfarm

I got it! I got it! I got it!
I am so excited that's all I can say!!!!!

Jeff

Jeff

That post from ray reminded me of when the dad gets the leg lamp on a Christmas story. :D

thecfarm

Well,if I had a picture taken now,all that you would see is a big grin and some missing teeth.   ;D
What an axe.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on December 29, 2017, 08:26:47 PM
Well,if I had a picture taken now,all that you would see is a big grin and some missing teeth.   ;D
What an axe.

Now you can chop your own Grits.  :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

runmca

YellowHammer

My bench legs showed up last week, and they look great.  So I put them in the showroom, leaned them against the wall. and we had our first open business day since the Christmas holidays.  Despite the freezing cold, we had a good turnout with well over a hundred people showing up to buy and browse our wood.

The legs were a big hit, and throughout the day, we and our customers mocked the legs up on several of the slabs.  I got so tired of telling people the Logrite/Rite Leg company name and website address that I went and dug their cardboard shipping box of the trash and leaned it against the wall so people could just take a photo of the address and contact info.   

Here's what the legs look like mocked up on some flame, woven bark, box elder:

This is what they look like on the Osage:

On the Walnut:

On the Kentucky Coffee:

On the Palownia:

And on the Curly Cherry:

So now I need to find the time to actually mount the legs to a slab and make the bench, which I will leave in the showroom for people to sit on and rest their legs.  Our customers know I will only endorse products that I have personally become familiar with, and which stand the test of time for quality and ruggedness.  When I told customers that these were made by the same company who also builds my professional and high quality cant hooks, they paid attention.  I had mentioned to Tammy at Logrite that I had been meaning to buy some of these to try out, but just never got around to it.  So now that I have them, maybe it will work out for everyone.  I get some free legs, and Tammy may get a few extra sales. 

I'll post how the bench turns out when I get it built. 

Anyway, thanks for the fun Christmas contest, and thanks to Tammy and Jeff for making this happen.

Robert

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Hilltop366

I got my package from Council Tools!!
Much to my surprise there were two hatchets!

Thanks again.

Took some pictures.

Jeff

Magicman

Obviously my hatchet was sent to you by mistake!   :o  (Actually the prize list stated two.)

Congrats on the win!   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Hilltop366

I should have bought a lottery ticket that day, I rarely win any prize draw. :D

MM stop by and pick up your hatchet anytime.

Yep, I did double check with Rooster before I mentioned it just in case someone was missing theirs.

thecfarm

Here it is!!!

What an axe it is.  :o   When the 19 year old grandson comes up I will let him hold it,but it has to stay in the house. And I will be watching him too.  :D

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!