iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

must be getting stronger

Started by burlman, May 12, 2004, 06:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burlman

wow I guess bush work must really build up muscles or something. At the start of the winter cut I could hardly lift my fuel cans of $18.00 worth of fuel, but now at the end of the season I can lift  $25.00 of fuel with great ease. I thought I had muscles of steel in the making, but really it is the price of fuel that has skyrocketed again. OW, this morning I stopped for 2 gallons of high test for the chain saw, $11.00 for a 2 gallon(Can.) plus the cost of the 2 stroke oil. I hope Log prices and pulpwood follow along to cover these operating costs.

EZ

Biggest rip I know of, dont know how our younger groups are going to make it.
EZ

DeepForest

:D :D :D !!!!
      I know, isn't ridicolous the price per gallon, here is u$2.16 the premium.
 I dont wanna see whats gonna be in the next months.

redpowerd

still cheaper than milk, wayyyy cheaper than pepsi ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

pasbuild

: *Price of Gas*

Price of Gas:

You Think A Gallon Of Gas Is Expensive?

Makes one think, and puts things in perspective.

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29       $10.32 per gallon
Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19     $ 9.52 per gallon
Gatorade 20 oz $1.59             $10.17 per gallon
Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25        $10 .00 per gallon
Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15         $33.60 per gallon
Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35        $178.13 per gallon
Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85         $123.20 per gallon
Whiteout 7 oz $1.39               $25.42 per gallon
Scope 1.5 oz $0.99                 $84.48 per gallon

and this is the REAL KICKER...... Evian water 9 oz for $1.49 that's $21.19 per gallon.

$21.19 FOR WATER! .and the buyers don't even know the source.

So, the next time you're at the pump, be glad your car doesn't run on water,
Scope, or Whiteout, or God forbid, PEPTO BISMOL or NYQUIL!!!!

Just a little humor to help ease the pain of your next trip to the pump!    

Percy

I have gas right now ;D. It isnt costing me anything except contact with any creature with a nose ;D ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

OneWithWood

Bottle it, Percy!!
All you internal combustion engines can be made to run using your very own internal combustion :o
 :D :D :D :D :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

shopteacher

Percy, if you do bottle it make sure you label it properly with a big skull and cross bones. :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Patty

Percy Percy Percy, that is just WAY too much information!  ;D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

EZ

Swede

Gasoline in Sweden: SEK 10:59/ L.  :o

1gal. ~4,5 litre?
$1~ SEK 7.2 I think.

::)Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Frank_Pender

Three days ago I paid $2.19.9 a gal. for diesel to run the F 450.  :'( It is about $.30 less for the red stuff.  I am affraid to even know what it is today.  As to the gas.  I have to fill the 225 gal tank sometime today for the mills, etc. and I will have to visit Wells Fargo to take out a loan.  I wonder what the interest will be on that size of loan? :'(
Frank Pender

Engineer

Yeah Pepto may be $125 a gallon, but who goes through 50 gallons of the stuff a week.  :o  Even things like milk, or pepsi.  Cheap if you look at the perspective of how much you use.  My kids and I go through five or six gallons of milk a week easy, but wife and I go through 75-100 gallons of gas a week driving for work and to run errands.  It's $2.16 a gallon for premium in my area right now, went up ten cents in the last week.  Pretty *DanG bad when we have to fork out close to $200 for gas each week.

I'm just happy, I don't have to pay European or Canadian prices for the stuff.  :(

Stan

Anybody worried about the price of Pepto, needs to buy some of them purple pills. They cost almost as much, but you use fewer of 'em.  :)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Swede

Stan; What´s them purple Pepto pills good for?  ???

Swedish Lingonberry jam at ICA: SEK 19:90 /1,5Kg. It´s good for your stomach. :)

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Jason_WI

Swede

I think Stan is talking about Nexium (purple pill). It's for heartburn and other GI stuff.

Every other commercial on TV seems to be for the 'purple pill' or a 'blue pill' ;D ;D.

Maybe if they didn't advertise so Dang much they wouldn't have to charge so much for them.....

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Stan

Now if'n they didn't advertise Nexium, people'd just by that prilosec OTC stuff, not knowin' there was a "NEW IMPROVED" pill on the market.  :)
Then them advertisin' executives would have to go into POLITICS to earn a livin'. Lots of good reasons for advertisin'.  ::)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Thank You Sponsors!