iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2400?

Started by ken999, April 12, 2010, 10:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ken999

Anyone know what the deal is with these new E-classics?

At first glance, I like where the bypass lever is now located.

They also appear to have a tick higher BTU rating than the 2300's.

What's the scoop?

ken999

Got some scoop today from CB.

2400 has a stainless tube where the Fusion Chamber was. It has the new bypass lever. The Reaction Chamber is a 1/3 bigger. The turbulator exchanger system has been replaced with a new system that has 2x the surface area. There is no air introduced into the new SS tube, it's all put into the upper firebox. The water jacket is 100 gallons smaller to make room for all the other changes. The efficiency is better and the BTU output is higher with the new exchangers.

Sounds interesting.

doctorb

They mentioned the 2400 to me when I spoke to them last week.  They said it won a burning efficiency contest in Florida.  I am looking for more info on it, but I could not get any hits on Google.  Anywhere I can look for more info?

Looks like the 2300 will be obsolete soon.  If I have a problem with my 2300, will they replace it with a refurbished 2300 or a new 2400?

Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

MudBud

A contest in Florida?  They need heat in Florida? Why wasn't it tried in the mid arctic temps of us northern states or even in the Dakotas? 

doctorb

ken999 amd mudbud-

I re-Googled E2400 and got some scant info.  Thanks for the posts ken999.

Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!