iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Band  Blades

Started by woodman, February 28, 2002, 07:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodman

:(
 When I bought my WM a couple of years back in the box was some blades with  teeth 3/4" apart. I am looking for some place to sharpen them. WM True sharp can't do it, who can.       Ps I put this on Sawmill & Wood lot last month, no one answered.        Thank you ahead of time.//URL
Jim Cripanuk

Tom

Hey Woodman,

There are quite a few sharpening services around but not many advertised.  You may have something close to you and not know it.  Talk with some other sawmill folk of all ilk and they may lead you to one.  I find the 3/4 pitch blades seem to be used mostly by the pallet companies.

Cooks Saw  at www.cookssaw.com sharpens blades and may have a 3/4 pitch cam on one of their machines. 7/8 and 1 inch pitch seem to be the most common.  It may be that you would benefit by owning a blade maintenance kit.(sharpener and setter)  That makes you pretty independant.

You can sharpen your blades with a Dremel after a fashion.  It may not be as good as a sharpener but find a stone that allows you to follow the face of the tooth from the gullet to the tip.  Do a face grind trying to keep the face at a 90 degree to the travel of the blade.  You can get it pretty sharp and if it doesn't need setting then it will be servicable.

Thank You Sponsors!