iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Corned Deer

Started by Qweaver, December 30, 2016, 01:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I'm boiling the corned deer today.  I pulled a piece out to test and it is Delicious.  I'll let it boil for another hour just for tenderness but I am really  enjoying this ruben.  We can not remember when we put it in the spices but we think 10 days ago.  Just right no matter how long!  We are trying to get another deer today.  Smoke half and corn the other half.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

WV Sawmiller

I have corned deer the last 2 years with good results. Make my "tea" with the spice recipe by bringing to a boil then letting cool to room temperature, pour it over the meat in a 5 gallon bucket and put a heavy china plate on top to make sure all the meat is under water. I leave mine in my spare refrigerator about 5-7 days, rotating once, depending on hoe much I am making.

We like it as a roast but the left over is actually better in sandwiches if you ask me. I did not know anybody else on the FF made it.

I hope to put another deer or two in the freezer tomorrow as our last day of antlerless season ends. We had pretty heavy snow but tomorrow looks pretty good. Good luck to you and your bunch.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

69bronco

I corned all the front shoulders and necks this year, will do the same from now on. I brined for 11 days, came out perfect! We like the corned hash leftovers food6 for breakfast too!

petefrom bearswamp

Yum yum.
I haven't made corned venison in 2 years and miss it dearly, but the wife not so much.
I use buck necks as doe necks don't have enough meat on them.
Tried the "football" muscle a few years ago was OK but not as good as the neck.
I brine 10 days in a plastic bucket with a clean rock on top.
My brine is all cold.
Cook it in the crock pot on low all day, serve either with cabbage and taters then make sandwiches from leftovers, havent tried a reuben yet.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!