iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tester needed

Started by Jeff, September 06, 2010, 10:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I'm working on a new gallery system that hopefully someday will be integrated into the forestry forum.

What I need is someone that has tried and tried to figure out how to upload a photo, but never was able to do it.

This should only take a few moments of your time. The only thing you need to know is how to get find a picture that is located on your computer.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Radar67

If you have trouble getting help Jeff, shoot me a line. I'll have my wife test it.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

Okay, good idea, I have to fix it first cause I broke it. :D

Jeff

Radar, I'm going to send you an I.M. with the url, and the login info for testing. I'm not going to tell you anything more. Just report back here how she does. :)

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

I could also use a couple more testers. I need someone that has an iphone. They need to see if they can find an app called igallery. There may be an igallery free.

Also, someone that has an android phone that would like to try this:

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/communication/share-image-for-gallery-2_hmcb.html

isawlogs

If you need someone with a satelite connection that , at times , gets recoshade off to the moon , up to saturn , around the sun , hooked to a cloud , bounced off a tree before coming back here ... I am open to trying and help ya out some.  ;D :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sandhills

Exactly what isawlogs said!  Would love to help you out and will try but still can't find find a picture on this dang thing.  I know the're in here though :-\ :-\

Kansas

I have a terrible time trying to download photos onto here. I finally kind of gave up. I can find them in my computer though. If this new system is idiot proof, I would be glad to give it a try.

Jeff

Sending you info Kansas. Give it a try and report back here eh?

Reddog

Quote from: Jeff on September 06, 2010, 07:24:47 PM
They need to see if they can find an app called igallery. There may be an igallery free.

Found the app. It is not free, $5 seems mighty steep for an app. It was only released a few weeks ago.
Any other apps that may work?

Jeff

I'll have to look into it Wally. Yea, dont pay for it. We dont even know it works.  I did find mention igalllery free, but it must have become pay.

Kansas

Well I got a pic posted. Not sure if it is exactly where it is supposed to be, but didn't take long at all.

Pudge

I need to try it Jeff I never could get a pic. posted and I can find them on the putor....

Jeff

Okay Karen, I'll send ya the login info. Keep in mind this is just a test for future features and we cant use it yet for putting photos on the forum. I'm testing the ease for some one to get a photo in to the test album

pasbuild

Historically I have been used as a form of measurement when it comes to posting pics on the forum, da boss figured if I could manage to get a pic into my gallery then the method used was picture posting dumbie proof ::)  Up until now the only one that I had any success with is the Java uploader, I am tickled pink ta report that I have tested the new in da works picture postin thingy and had NO PROBLEM with uploadin not just one but two pictures into a file thats...................somewhere
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Kansas

Watch out when or if Jeff gets this picture thing going. As easy as it was, I predict a doubling or tripling of posted pics.

Jeff

I'm planning on a quantity limit depending on member status and some pretty tight rules on loading photos that are only used in posts. The longer you have been a member, the more room you have. I don't want to curtail participation, but I don't want people to think we are an all out photo storage site either. Galleries are a place to put photos that are used in posts and that's the only reason they exist.

IMERC

Quote from: Jeff on September 06, 2010, 10:46:22 AM
I'm working on a new gallery system that hopefully someday will be integrated into the forestry forum.

What I need is someone that has tried and tried to figure out how to upload a photo, but never was able to do it.

This should only take a few moments of your time. The only thing you need to know is how to get find a picture that is located on your computer.

dat's me...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

IMERC

Quote from: isawlogs on September 06, 2010, 08:18:23 PM

If you need someone with a satelite connection that , at times , gets recoshade off to the moon , up to saturn , around the sun , hooked to a cloud , bounced off a tree before coming back here ... I am open to trying and help ya out some.  ;D :)

got ya covered...
but no fancy phone...

isawlogs

No fancy phone here ... land line only and it is noisy if it rains, no cell reception  ::) Unless ya climb the manure pile  :-\  Don't ask :-X ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

IMERC

I like it...

the jpeg's are from a server, an LT, remote PC, the web, my camera and DVD files via direct access....
no worries...

couldn't get an audio file to load but a .gif was no issue....
didn't try Gallery remote but I think the merit is good...

feel free to post/share or what you may with the pics,.....

the spider truck was done over dial up.... WHEW... gotta have patience... lots of it...
over satellite, some things went quickly and others gave me time to go get coffee...
the train pic I had time to add in a sammich...
tried to load a small text document.. it seemed to load/take but I couldn't open it back up... 

so how do we go from there to here????

BTW... tolja I had a palm pilot.... that one I tried to load into posts so many times it was frustrating...

isawlogs

I got it to work , it took exactly 2 minutes and 20 sec. total time. I think that with this connection on a rainy day, where doing good .  :D  Now with this satelite connection ya sometimes need to wunder how it works , it is at times realy fast and then ya got times like today where you think it gets caught up in a cloud  ::)

I did not try to load more then one but I am going back to try that  ;D
It took 7 minutes to load two pics into the album , this could well be my computer , its old and not real quick , like me I guess   ::) :D

Marcel

Jeff

Imerc, this is for photos only! When enabled, if you try to upload other types of files the system will be configured to lock you out. Your testing is now complete thank you. :D  I delete photos after they are up, and I DONT want you going back there form here because  as I said, this is only to test the viability of the program.

The length of time to upload depends on the size of the photo and your connection. The photo is resized by the server. If you were to resize first, they would fly up. THe gallery remote is a good tool but its only for those that want to install and configure software on their local machine and that would require some geekiness on your behalf.

Pudge

Quote from: Jeff on September 07, 2010, 10:49:34 PM
I'm planning on a quantity limit depending on member status and some pretty tight rules on loading photos that are only used in posts. The longer you have been a member, the more room you have. I don't want to curtail participation, but I don't want people to think we are an all out photo storage site either. Galleries are a place to put photos that are used in posts and that's the only reason they exist.

Aww Shucks does that mean we can't put any nekked pictures up there!!!!!!!

I was having trouble posting pics up on the forum but I tried this and it worked like a charm.......

Thank You Sponsors!