iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT70 wide head DCS Electric

Started by Cypress Man, December 26, 2013, 06:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cypress Man

Last Saturday my new LT70 wide head DCS electric arrived. I'm just getting everything fixed up like I want it. Sawed two logs today. The mill seems very quiet and much more powerful than my Lt40 super electric.  I'm waiting for WM to send the install kit for my 6 foot extention. I'd love to post some pics but not sure if I can directly from a samsung smart phone. Any ideas?
LT70 wide head electric, IC5 Power conveyor, transfer table, Stop and Load Log Deck, Catapiller 360B Telehandler, Cat tl642c Teleloader, Cat TH514 Telehandler, Woodmizer EG400 edger, Logosol PH360 moulder, Extrema 26" Planner, Grizzly 16" dual conveyor resaw, Prentice 285 log loader

BBTom

I am green with envy.  I get to listen to Growl of a Kubota turbo diesel all day.  Hope it works out well for you.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

hunz

You can on a smart phone, that's how most of my pics get on here. Sometimes  it makes those sort of things a little easier when you go to the bottom of the page and click the go to full site button.
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

ellmoe

How long did it take you from ordering to receiving your 70? I am waiting on mine now.
Thanks,
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Cypress Man

Over 3 months. The first time they sent it out it was a walk behind not a dcs. Had to  wait to build a new dcs wide head model.
LT70 wide head electric, IC5 Power conveyor, transfer table, Stop and Load Log Deck, Catapiller 360B Telehandler, Cat tl642c Teleloader, Cat TH514 Telehandler, Woodmizer EG400 edger, Logosol PH360 moulder, Extrema 26" Planner, Grizzly 16" dual conveyor resaw, Prentice 285 log loader

ellmoe

Thanks for the reply. Mine is to be a walk beside. I need my exercise!
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Dave Shepard

I'd like to upgrade to the wide head someday, but make mine a wireless. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Bibbyman

I upload from my Samsung phone and pad.  It's easy and straight forward.  The only trick is you have to use the one at a time method.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

barbender

Quote from: Bibbyman on December 28, 2013, 11:30:01 AM
I upload from my Samsung phone and pad.  It's easy and straight forward.  The only trick is you have to use the one at a time method.
X2
Too many irons in the fire

Cypress Sam

That wide head saves a lot of time cutting off flutes.
SAM

Cypress Man

Cypress Sam

Been a while since I saw an out feed table with all of the paint on it.
Good lookin mill.  I will turn out a lot of lumber.
SAM

Peter Drouin

Nice mill. But I think all Wood Mizers are nice  :D
I wonder why the table that the wood returns on don't have any rollers on them. Maybe too slow the lumber down so it won't fly across the yard  :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)
Looks like you have all the toys Do you have all the help, like 3 or 4 men  :D
Best of luck with the fastest ban mill on the planet  :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bibbyman

The only thing I notice wrong is that it should be in my sawshed!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: Bibbyman on December 30, 2013, 07:35:08 AM
The only thing I notice wrong is that it should be in my sawshed!

Well you are starting to log a few hours on the mill that is in your shed :new_year:
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Dave Shepard

What does it use for blade engagement? It doesn't look like it has AutoClutch. Do you have to shut down the whole console to stop the blade, or can you shut just the motor off?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Cypress Man

Good observation Dave. The motor does not tilt up to engage the blade like an auto clutch does.  There's a button on the console that engages and disengages the blade. Its like a soft start so you dont have the belt bite. Its actually very smooth and quite compared to the auto clutch on my lt40.

Dave Shepard

That's great news. 8) At one point there was a discussion about the LT70 electric only stopping when the whole thing was shut down.

Cypress Man

The guy that delivered it said this was the first all electric Lt70 wide head DCS mill that woodmizer has made. You would think electric mills would become more and more popular.  I LOVE electric mills. :new_year:

Peter Drouin

this is one that was at the open house in Maine last spring
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Dave Shepard

Cypress Man

Maybe he ment it was the first one to come through the Mississippi WM distributor.  :D

Cypress Man

I really don't see why you couldn't put a bx24 on it. I just installed a bx6 on mine. The only thing in the install kit was a longer chain, cable, and wire to run the dcs panel.

JFarmer

You are one lucky man! I would love to have one of the new 70's like yours. Cant go wrong with the electric, the only way to go. Good luck and keep posting pics! :)
LT40 electric,woodmizer twin blade edger,cooks catclaw sharpener,suffolk setter, john deere 450 dozer, case 90xt skidsteer, 7010 4x4 mahindra tractor

Thank You Sponsors!