iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stolen Equipment

Started by ohwc, December 18, 2014, 09:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohwc

Stolen MS 880 chainsaw and maintenance tools in Montgomery TX. If anyone comes across a good deal on something like this down these parts let me know. We have serial numbers and everything has been reported. Unfortunately they hit a tree service too. Officer thinks its same people they took 7 saws from that fellow.

mad murdock

Sorry to hear about your loss, sure hate hearing about low life's stealing people's stuff. Keep a watch on Craigslist in the region, those types usually don't have a lot of brain cells, you may find your stolen items that way, it has happened in this region before.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Small Slick

We went through a two year stretch of wire theft at our electrical shop. It was scrap wire we had demoed from jobs we kept in an unlocked trailer in our lot. It was annoying but when the thieves started to break into trucks to get at tools we put up cameras. That didn't stop the crooks so we finally posted signs all over stating we had cameras. That along with locking up the copper has really slowed them down.

Just this morning a customer who is a farmer called he had been robbed of scrap earlier. They caught the guys and he gave me the number of the police officer to call. I guess the thieves had been keeping a log book with dates and places where they had robbed!!!!

The 3 groups of criminals are all drug heads.

John

ohwc

After final inventory also gone are assorted tools, two rigging lines 200' each, a 330T chainsaw and 4 superbars for chainsaws. The superbars in my experience are not common down here in Houston area. Two 28" for a MS441 and two 42" for a MS880 superbars gone. Around $5300 out the door. I would appreciate if you seen anything for sale in this area around Houston please let me know.

Woodboogah

Nothing worse then a thief, bottom of the barrel in my book.  I hope you get your stuff back
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

ohiowoodchuck

Put up a reward. There's no honor amongst them. They will rat there buddies out in a heartbeat if they can get there next fix. That's how I got my log splitter back when it was stolen.
Education is the best defense against the media.

Nemologger

Thieves are the lowest life form. A few years back I was running a 230 jack on a job in southern Iowa...when I got to the job on a Monday morning once all 4 planetarys were gone
Clean and Sober

ohiowoodchuck

It's only going to get worse. As long as there's drugs, they'll keep after it. What's sad is the judicial system does nothing to them. I'd put them out there mowing along roads with hand sickles and pushing snow with shovels for 18hrs a day, but thats to cruel is how this country thinks.

Small Slick

Quote from: ohiowoodchuck on December 18, 2014, 05:59:17 PM
It's only going to get worse. As long as there's drugs, they'll keep after it. What's sad is the judicial system does nothing to them. I'd put them out there mowing along roads with hand sickles and pushing snow with shovels for 18hrs a day, but thats to cruel is how this country thinks.

Ohio,

You are spot on. It just floors me how we as a society tolerate crappy people who do crappy things. The honest hard working folks bust their butts for as long as it takes and scum work the system and then some of them steal others hard earned possessions. They get little to no punishment and the good guy gets the shaft.

Man that pisses me off!!!

In my own personal opinion if you are committing a crime you should expect to be met with swift and fierce rebuttal from the victim should he interrupt the crime. And society should not punish the victim for defending their possessions and safety from wrong doers!  Somehow we have become a society of second chances and no one is responsible for their actions any more.

It's sad. If I find someone in my home and feel that my beautiful wife or wonderful child is at risk from that person. Then I hope my membership to the NRA will pony up for a good lawyer  because when seconds count the police are minutes away from my home.

Man do thieves and evildoers pith me off.

John

thecfarm

Don't get me going on the so called humans that steal!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ohiowoodchuck

Yep I just seen where a fellow in Montana shot a man for being in his garage. I read the whole article and think he went a little to the extreme with it. But now he is looking at 10 years in prison. They say you have the right to defend yourself and property but, you really don't. Oh if it was the Wild West or proabition days again.

Swatson

Sorry for your loss.  There is a feeling you get when you have been stolen from that is hard to describe.  Anger/hurt/disappointment all rolled into one.  I would like to think that these people who steal have a hard time sleeping because there conscience would keep them up....but the drugs probably kill that still small voice.
I cant figure out which one I like better: working with wood or making the tools to work with wood.

pineywoods

That equipment will most likely turn up in a hock shop, probably in another city. For sure, the thieves won't use it to work with. One local theft ring was collecting loot from several heists, loading in an enclosed trailer, and hauling it to dallas, where it was swapped for dope.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

CCC4

Sorry to hear about that! I will keep an eye out and spread the word to some hardwood mills on the Louisiana border. Also there is a crew that cuts cypress that I know of...I'll have them on the look out. Those 42" bars and that cinder block should stick out like a sore thumb...not going to be easy to just off load them.

I gotta ask, are you cutting cypress?

ohwc

Thanks all. CCC4 50% ERC big ones, 25% oak and pecan, 25% SYP. Almost all felling and custom milling onsite then drying/finishing back home. Of course 880 was not primary saw but great to have when needed.

timberlinetree

That really stinks! Sorry to hear! Drugs,thieves and the judicial system make me NOT happy! Hope you get your stuff back!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

JJ

Unless they get caught, there is no worse feeling than getting stolen from.
I had break in while on week long fishing trip, and had 2 guns stolen with large amount of rolled money.

One gun was S&W 44 mag handgun, fully loaded, and the other a 30'06 hunting rifle.  Sheriff dusted for prints on my other guns, and said it was unlikely I would ever see the stolen ones again, as they had been selective over what was taken.  I break down one of the guns he dusted to clean off the charcoal (12ga pump) and found the thief had loaded it, then put it back in the case.  Can never be too careful with guns, as neither I or the sheriff thought to check the chamber!

Anyway bumming out, I stop at local store for cup of coffee, and out of the blue asked if anyone was exchanging rolls of money.  They said yes, a 14 year old kid was turning in rolls of money, and they had several of my rolls of quarters in their drawer. 
Got the name of the kid, called the sheriff back, and by evening I had the 44 mag back (still fully loaded), but the 30'06 was smashed, and he buried it in the woods.  Alls I get back of the 30'06 was the barrel, which had the bluing ruined from being in the dirt.

Because of the kid's age, nothing ever happened to him, other than few weekends in juvi.
About 7 years later, I see in the news that he was finally going to jail for running a meth lab.  Seems he wasn't very good at it, and was making the junkies sick, so they turned him into the cops.  He was running that lab, with a baby in the apartment; so he gets additional charge for endangering welfare of a child.

I kept the '06 barrel, in-case I ever ran into him again so I could wrap it around his head, as had sentimental value to me.  It was my first real gun, given to me when I was 16.  The barrel has now been re-purposed as rebar in a footing I pored for my porch.

I hope that your thieves get caught, as it is likely they are not very smart and will keep stealing.

JJ

Thank You Sponsors!