iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FRANKLIN VS. CLARK VS. JOHN DEERE VS. TIMBERJACK

Started by captainelvi, December 01, 2014, 02:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captainelvi

thanks! yep, I'm aware of some potential issues... but I sell John Deere farm equipment so.... best I can tell parts aren't a problem. Like I said, I bought it for ok$$ and yes it has a problem with the electronic shifter $4090 to replace but...... It doesn't have 14000 + hours on it only 4277 I'm not too worried about it. It will make a great skidder for me I think.

ForestryEquipment

Seems to me I've bought those electronic shift controls for closer to $3,000 but that was a couple years ago.  Let me know if you're still looking and I can see what I can find out for you.

WWright

I ran all except the Franklins in the 80s for my father.all are good machines but we preferred the Clarks. we liked the transmission set up and never had any problems with the winches easy to adjust and powerful and worked well with the transmission. Getting on and off either side was nice too. All the machines were for the most part problem free and I know when Im buying used construction equipment Im usually looking at 2 or 3 brands and usually go with best condition over brand. Just my two cents. Good Luck

Mountain_d

I agree with ehp. With 30,000 to spend you should be able to find a 380 or 450 TJ with a Cummins engine. Price tires before you buy, so you can appreciate the value of good rubber on a machine. Let us know what you end up with.
Mountain
1978 TJ 230E 3.9L Cummins 4B, Husky 372XP, Husky 61, Husky 266XP, JRed 625, Husky 265RX clearing saw,  Woodmizer LT40HD 1995, Kubota 4950DT (53hp 4WD), Wallenstein V90 Skidding Winch, John Deere 610 backhoe, 1995 Volvo White GMC WCA42T SA Dump Truck, 2004 Ford F-250SD 4WD, , Central Boiler OW

Thank You Sponsors!