iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

odd weather

Started by thecfarm, January 08, 2007, 09:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarman

All I read here is just talk about the weather, ain't anybody going to do something about it?

Am not looking forward to rain as predicted Fri, Sat, Sun.
At least I can get a lot of cedar cut and ready to forward out.  Log yard is on a hill top with a 3' deep clay base.  Won't take too much travel to make it....

Put 4 loads rock in mill yard and it is holding up nice.  Cedar has been coming in at a good pace, but I expect this week to slow down.

Rain, rain go away, come again some other day.

I know there are rain dances to make it rain.  Are there unrain dances?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Coon

Cedarman, atleast you have conditions you can work in somewhat.  This picture shows what it's like here right now.

and this to...........

There's more pics of the blizzard in my gallery.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Coon

I forgot to mention about the stike action going on right now that the department of highways is part of.  The managers of each branch are the only workers right now.  It poses a potentionally dangerous situation out there.  How are the ambulances, police, firetrucks and other rescue units supposed to do there jobs when the roads are blocked.  The strike action is all a part of the big SGEU strike lobbying for better pay and benefits.  Some workers have not had pay increases in over 5 years and deserve it.  The government will not match or come to deal with the Saskatchewan Government Employees Union members.  Some of the members included are environment and resource management employees, Correctional workers,  and Department of Highways workers.  Not a pleasant time..........
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Onthesauk

SwampDonkey,
Read your post about three times before it dawned on me what you were saying.

30° here, snow has almost stopped but almost 4 inches on the ground.

Years ago in the old Wordperfect, I use to know all the key combinations for all the special characters.  Haven't used any of them for years.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

sawguy21

We had another windstorm yesterday, power was off when I got home. Fire trucks were being used as roadblocks as their crews were clearing fallen trees. Still, I don't miss the weather Coon is getting, had enough of that.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tom

We made those special characters available in the "reply" screen too.  They are just above "change color"

¢°©®£ ±  .........

SwampDonkey

Were they always there Tom?
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

been there a year now.  Jeff and I were sitting at the computer late one night when he was down visiting and it just seemed like a good thing to put on there.  The cent sign is what started it and we got carried away.

SwampDonkey

For some reason I couldn't find it there, but was looking right at it.  :D :D :D

But, at least the other procedure is there if someone wants to try it in Word or InDesign or something.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jon12345

I always thought plows were one of those professions that couldn't go on strike or a kind of working strike.  Still gotta do their job while negotiations are taking place, then are reimbursed for the time the 'strike' started for wages/bene's gained.  If someone died because an ambulance couldn't get down a road that should've been plowed, wouldn't the highway dept. be charged with negligence in some way?

BTW most places snowplows are concidered emergency vehicles, even if the roads are passable.  I got my car totalled by one that ran a stop sign, couldn't do nothing about it  >:( >:(  smiley_furious  Guess the plow driver was too concerned about the little patch of snow left from entering the street and not watchin the main highway.  Bad karma though, that towns highway garage burned to the ground a couple months later -  I only got accused a couple times of bein the one that did it  :-\
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Onthesauk

Wish I had ± a 1,000£ for the number of times I missed the obvious.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

thecfarm

Now I'm mad. >:( Someone done forgot to throw another log on the fire.Down to 11°.I'm not use to this cold weather.What happened to the 30° weather I got use to having?Guess I'll have to wait a couple days for it get back up to 40 on Friday.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yup, but only tonight and back up to the 20's and 30's for the next week. Might get snow flurries here over the weekend. Snow squally weather seems to be our biggest storms. :D :D

Cedarman

We are under a flash flood watch this weekend. A little rain tonight, safe tomorrow, rain coming in Sat, big rains Sun and rain then snow, going cold into the low 20's middle of the week.  I am sick of rain.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

farmerdoug

Cedarman,  I hear you on the rain.  It is suppose to rain here Friday and Saturday before it gets cold again.  But look on the bright side with the flood and cold weather you will soon be able to skid on the ice, down hill only though. ::)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

sawguy21

Went out after visiting here yesterday and there was 4" of wet snow on the ground. :o Spent an hour shovelling the drive and sidewalk. Another inch or so fell in the afternoon. Clear and cold (for here), -6C this morning.

SwampDonkey

sawguy, if it is anything like up in Prince Rupert we'de get those cold blasts every 'whip stitch', called outflow winds coming down the mainland river valleys.

Faron

White River floodwater has closed the highway north of town for several days already. (This happens usually a couple or three times a year.)  Heavy rain due this weekend ought to really force it higher.  Not looking forward to all the rain. go_away
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

SwampDonkey

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 08, 2007, 10:58:38 AM
This fall I was out to the Hargrove maple sugary and that place is huge. They must have 1000 acres tapped.  All I could see was pipes and sugar maples for miles. It's set up on crown land as the government has leases for maple syrup producers. I have an aerial photo of the area on my computer, because I was navigating my way back into a private lot.

Well in 2004 they expanded from 45,000 taps to 105,000 with 3 full time employees and 8 seasonal. At the time they were awarded an ACOA grant of $385,850.

TW

For the first time this winter we have ordinary weather now.
-18 degrees celsius and some 30 cm(1 foot) of snow. Before this it was just raining when it was supposed to be midwinter.

fuzzybear

ALRIGHT ALREADY!!!!!!  I know you guys are tired of winter but did you have to send it all back up north all at once???!!!! whiteflag_smiley
Sitting here with the fire going and still shivering at a cool -49c.   go_away
Just you guys wait till I get the fans working and pointed back down south again!!! smiley_headscratch
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

SwampDonkey

Going to be in the upper 30's on Saturday, nearly 40 F. It's already been quite mild down around Boston. Get your buckets out folks. ;D

sawguy21

fuzzybear, that was funny. :D :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!