iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Score

Started by PAmizerman, April 14, 2018, 08:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAmizerman

I scored these today. A guy that runs a circle mill up the road from me had to call it quits. The deal was too good to pass up.

Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Darrel

Looks like you scored high. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

D6c

Looks like a good deal....I'd like to find a dust collector like that.

moodnacreek

Don't unload that stuff! Bring it to me.

scully

That will save you some work for sure . share pic's when you get it set up with the mill !
I bleed orange  .

Percy

I'm liking the looks of that sawdust blower.  Good find. 
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

PAmizerman

I'm really looking forward to getting this equipment into my operation. Unfortunately I   am stuck in a little hole right now and don't have room to set it up. But I just couldn't pass this stuff up.
I'm in the process of closing a deal on 17 acres though and can't wait to get my operation moved out there. It will be quite awhile but yes lots of pictures to come.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PAmizerman

I was told that this blower is meant to drop the sawdust out the bottom gently and not have to be over a sealed container. But I have not done the research on it yet. Any idea how to tell?
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PA_Walnut

Quote from: PAmizerman on April 15, 2018, 11:40:40 AMI was told that this blower is meant to drop the sawdust out the bottom gently and not have to be over a sealed container. But I have not done the research on it yet. Any idea how to tell?

It appears to be a cyclone, so it should just drop the heavier materials out the bottom. The smaller particles either stay in suspension until they migrate downward far enough or follow the lower-resistance exit path, usually into a filter.
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

YellowHammer

Its feeding the sawdust through the blower, into the side duct, pushing the material through the cyclone.  The dust spins out the bottom, the exhaust air is driven out of the top.  

If the blower motor was on the top it would require a vacuum to pull the material into the cyclone, which requires a sealed bin on the sawdust drop funnel.

I set my cyclone up like your picture, and it will indeed drop the sawdust straight down into a nice pile.  I drop mine into a self dumping forklift hopper.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

PAmizerman

Quote from: YellowHammer on April 15, 2018, 11:59:58 AM
Its feeding the sawdust through the blower, into the side duct, pushing the material through the cyclone.  The dust spins out the bottom, the exhaust air is driven out of the top.  

If the blower motor was on the top it would require a vacuum to pull the material into the cyclone, which requires a sealed bin on the sawdust drop funnel.

I set my cyclone up like your picture, and it will indeed drop the sawdust straight down into a nice pile.  I drop mine into a self dumping forklift hopper.  
That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PA_Walnut

Nice score! I'm tired of shoveling sawdust next to my mill and about to put it on a slab, take the wheels off and make it stationary. So, sawdust extraction is on the agenda What brands/setup are available readily? YellowHammer?

I understand Baker has/had something and TimberKing also. I'd like to avoid 3-phase if possible. I have plenty of single-phase power, but don't really want to do a convertor, drive, etc.

Thx
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Trapper John

Are the conveyors part of the dust collection system?

PAmizerman

No the conveyors don't go with the sawdust blower. 
The one that is on it's side will either tail boards off the mill or be used as a return for the edger. I picked up another one that is near identical to that one at an auction last year.
As for the 16' paddle conveyor I'm thinking of maybe using behind my chopsaws to carry cutoffs out to a bin. I'm not completely sure yet. It was just too good to pass up.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

YellowHammer

For sawdust out of the sawmill chute, I've finally got a system that's working great.  It's a Woodmaster/Timberking 5 hp single phase 220 blower going into an Oneida cyclone and all the sawdust dropping into a forklift self dumping hopper.  The outlet of the mill goes to flex hose, a rotating ball joint and into the hard pipe.  The setup is very similar to what PAmizerman scored.  The dust collection blower services my whole shop with a planer, straight line rip saw, 20 inch jointer, occasional edger, and chop saw.  With a 5 hp I can run any two at the same time.  No more spraying sawdust out over the back 40 acres anymore, it piles in the hopper clean as a pile of sand.  I pick the bin up with my front end loader forks, drive to my field edge, or wherever else I want mulch, pull a chain and the hopper automatically dumps.  

Since bark chips, vines, other junk falls under the mill, the blower can't pick it up, I'd use the paddle conveyor directly under the mill, in a trough, and use it to clean under the mill at the end of the day.  

You scored some really nice stuff.
YellowHammerisms:

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

PAmizerman

Indeed nice stuff! I feel very fortunate to have been able to get these items. 
I like the idea of the conveyor under the mill. That will work out good with my design plan. I am planning to put a slightly elevated wood floor in. So the conveyor could be tucked right between the floor joists. I also picked up a 20' grain elevator last year that I could use there if needed. Thanks for the idea yellow hammer.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PA_Walnut

Quote from: YellowHammer on April 20, 2018, 11:11:40 PMIt's a Woodmaster/Timberking 5 hp single phase 220 blower going into an Oneida cyclone and all the sawdust dropping into a forklift self dumping hopper.

Yellow, it would be great to see this setup (with the cyclone). I have an Oneida cyclone with a 2 HP for my previous woodworking shop. Worked great. 

The WoodMaster/Timeberking 5HP--is it still made? I've looked for this several years ago and couldn't find a thing listed on their site.

THanks.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

PA_Walnut

Thanks Yellow! Much appreciated...once again!  8)
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!