iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Score!!!!

Started by Kobraken, May 31, 2009, 09:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kobraken

Was ask the other day to go down the road a piece to a Loggers yard and pick up some black walnut.  Said they were nice logs, just there was no demand at the mill for them and they were too nice to sell for pulp wood. when i got there ,there were 4 black walnut ranging from 16-22 inches on the butt and very straight all 22-25' long. As we got ready to load them he asked me if i wanted a SYP log that the veneer mill had rejected due to a blue stripe from a suspected lightning strike.  I measured it at 26" at the butt  almost no taper 20'6" long no visible defects.  Was well worth going to get. He said now that he knows i want logs he will hold everything that the mills reject for me.  woohoo!!! a steady source of logs!!   he said if i want, he will stack them off to the side and when he gets a load, if i will pay the driver who lives near me to deliver them he will bring me a truck load at a time.   couldn't ask for better than that!!!    pics up in a few days when my wife can resize them for me.    Ken

woodmills1

nice score   pay the driver ifin ya doesn't have a way youself
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

WMcGinn

Congrats!   sounds like a sweet deal.   
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures...... right next to the Mashed potatoes.

CLL

Might not hurt to buy the log guy dinner for him and his wife, best to keep the man happy and let himknow you appreciate his help.
Too much work-not enough pay.

MotorSeven

^^^

I agree, throw the owner and the driver a bone every now & then to keep them happy. I just found a source for concrete culverts, cracked ones that they cannot use on State jobs.....free!

RD
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!