iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How many acres is this?

Started by Magicman, September 27, 2009, 07:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

Thanks for posting that link. I have saved it on my favorites and sent it to a number of my friends. Good stuff.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

semologger

I love this i have been using it non stop thanks for the post. I used  it tonight to tell how many acres i have cut on this job i am on. Its loblolly pine and i have cut 7 acres so far in 2 days its a 45 acre job. Its cutting about 30 ton per acre so far for just rowing ever 4th row not thinning.

WildDog

Thanks for this, it spurs me on to fence in some land of mine on the creek the neighbour has been running stock on, worked out at 11.13 acres.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

djoslin

I'm with magicman, being a land surveyor for the last 34 plus years, its a good tool for "rough" acreage but........................

djoslin

customsawyer

I liked the tool but it never said how many acres I had. The creek that runs through my place don't go like that map says.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

beenthere

Did someone change the creek since the aerial photo flights were made?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Jake,

You must not have been using the aerial photo to determine your acres.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

Jake, I had that problem at first.  Had to reload the page and look for small print just under the edge of map.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Restoman

I'd give you a high five right now if you were here.  This is exactly what I have been trying to do in Google Earth and have not been able too.  Thanks!!!

Magicman

Quote from: Restoman on October 05, 2009, 06:10:30 PM
I'd give you a high five right now if you were here.  Thanks!!!

You just did !!!  I'm just glad that it has helped so many FF'ers.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

I visited my property 2000 miles away tonight via Google Earth.
One of the features available brings you to the Street view.  Once you've zoomed into your Street, You click on the camera icon and it is just like being there.  The actual time frame of the picture is about 4 years ago.
You can also view 360 degrees.  I don't know how they do it but it's kinda freaky. ::)

I took a picture of it.  My Driveway is on the right of the Red Pine Stand.

Here is a better one of the driveway.

Magicman

Quote from: Mooseherder on October 05, 2009, 10:00:29 PM
I don't know how they do it but it's kinda freaky. ::)

They did that by driving on all of the roads/streets with a camera mounted on a turrent on top of the vehicle.  I saw it.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Here is a google map site that tells about the street view cars.

http://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/behind-the-scenes.html

Also some YouTube videos on these cars.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Street? More like rural road. Moose, next they'll be following you to the tree stand. :D  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!